Author Topic: Archimede Seguso Lamp Base...  (Read 1968 times)

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Archimede Seguso Lamp Base...
« on: January 09, 2011, 06:17:28 AM »
Bought this a few weeks ago and am I extremely happy. It has 3 labels on it, but only 2 are readable. It has the Archimede Seguso Murano Made In Italy label along with the Made In Italy label on the bottom, plus another label which is completely gone. I will put my own photo's up in the next week or so once i can photograph it properly. Clear glass and me for camera op's are not good!  ;D

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280600446303&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I have been waiting a few years to get an example like this! It has finally arrived... :chky:

shugdens

Re: Archimede Seguso Lamp Base...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 07:12:27 AM »
Eeeek I once sold a purple one of these for £15...

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
I've sold one for about £25 about 2 years ago.  I don't think they're that unusual, but perhaps the sticker created more interest?  Or...perhaps the Murano market's gone up recently?

I am not a man

shugdens

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 01:46:45 AM »
I've sold one for about £25 about 2 years ago.  I don't think they're that unusual, but perhaps the sticker created more interest?  Or...perhaps the Murano market's gone up recently?

Seguso seems to be getting a lot of intrest at the moment, I've seen those lamps at buy nows between £60-120 on Ebay.

The stickers do give it the'x factor'

What would you value a Sevres lamp base at?

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 06:57:51 AM »
I've sold one for about £25 about 2 years ago.  I don't think they're that unusual, but perhaps the sticker created more interest?  Or...perhaps the Murano market's gone up recently?

Definitely very common but I have been holding out till a labeled piece popped up. And it had more than 1 label!  ;D

As always, the aussie market is a lot different to the overseas market. I thought this would go for a little bit more, but thankfully for xmas, most people were spending money elsewhere so I think I got a bit of a bargain on this.

shugdens

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 07:23:46 PM »
Alot of my art deco glass goes to Australia.

I got a beautiful Czech lamp base this morning along with another huge job lot of intresting glass  ;D

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 07:36:01 PM »
Great lamp, Pain!!  There is nothing like the feeling you get when you buy something you have been wanting and longing for so long.  I too understand the feeling.  It is exciting to say the least.  Congrats to you!!!

I was just looking at a Merletto vase by Archimede on the Glass Discussion Forum on Facebook.  The person who owns it said he found it at a flea market. Can you believe it, A FLEA MARKET?! I was blown away by it's beauty and the fact that the owner found it a flea market, like it was a piece of junk.  I would have fainted if I found something like that at a flea market. 

tam bam

shugdens

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 08:28:37 PM »
Great lamp, Pain!!  There is nothing like the feeling you get when you buy something you have been wanting and longing for so long.  I too understand the feeling.  It is exciting to say the least.  Congrats to you!!!

I was just looking at a Merletto vase by Archimede on the Glass Discussion Forum on Facebook.  The person who owns it said he found it at a flea market. Can you believe it, A FLEA MARKET?! I was blown away by it's beauty and the fact that the owner found it a flea market, like it was a piece of junk.  I would have fainted if I found something like that at a flea market. 

tam bam
You wouldnt beleve where i find glass & ceramics & how much I pay. I've payed single figures for four figure items.
i dont mind passing items on to collectors & other dealers at trade prices if I've had a good deal.

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 09:09:53 PM »
I sure wish I could live where you are Shugdens.  Where I live you are lucky to stumble across a generic piece of Murano and usually (if the person knows what it is) they want a lot for it because it is "Murano".  I saw a generic ashtray in an antique shop and they wanted $45 for it.  I looked at the lady and said any lower and she said no because it is Murano.  I wanted to laugh myself out the door. 

tam bam

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 06:19:30 AM »
Sometimes patience and persistence pays off! It is slim picking here as well. It is very rare to find a really good piece at the flea markets.  >:(

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand