Author Topic: Archimede Seguso Lamp Base...  (Read 1823 times)

Offline ardy

• Members
Re: Archimede Seguso Lamp Base...
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 07:47:05 AM »
It seems that Australia is having a love affair with Murano. I was looking at the highest bids and most watched and Australia figured in the top 10. For a country who's GDP is 1% of the worlds it seems amazing to me.

Pity you didn't see the dolphins it was the best piece of Murano I have seen on ebay.au along with the SVDA 5 geese taking off from a pond (1.5m x 1m) and he was trying to sell it for $2000, worth every penny but I have nowhere to put it.

What is the best piece that you could afford that you didn't buy?
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Re: Archimede Seguso Lamp Base...
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 02:26:15 AM »
I think we love the good quality pieces and will pay top price to have them. Well I would!

I have passed on a few things over the years. 2 x Orientes vase by Dino Martens. Mainly because I wasn't happy with the shapes but they would have made a good investment. If I remember correctly one sold for 900 euros and the other for about 1500 euros. Definitley a lot cheaper on ebay than through a good auction house.

I am still sore at losing out on a Loetz piece about a year ago when my internet connection died 30 secs before the end! It sold for $900. I should have bidded my highest amount a bit earlier!

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Enter key words
Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com