No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: any progress re Scandi or Polish attribution.- ID = Ząbkowice  (Read 5341 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
any progress re Scandi or Polish attribution.- ID = Ząbkowice
« on: January 09, 2011, 08:43:41 PM »
something else from this morning, which as you will see from this link, consumed a lot of ink and paper in recent years.   http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,2038.15.html -  go to page 2.
Initially, I had assumed probably Czech, but through the help of a good friend I have now read the link and from what I can see, the parting comment from Marcus Newhall showed that in early 2008 it still appeared to remain a bit of a mystery, although he was of the opinion that it may well prove to be either Polish or Scandi.   If you have the stamina to reach the end of the link, does anyone know if the matter of attribution was ever resolved?   Sorry my pic. is a little cluttered, but I had used this for other purposes, and I'm tired and don't have the energy to re-take. :sleep:     

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: any progress re Scandi or Polish attribution.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 12:09:01 AM »
No it hasn't been resolved Paul, my lovely petrol blue one is still awaiting it's ID.  They are very nice vases and sit well with Czech designs.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 05:15:57 PM »
Hello Anne, and thanks for taking the time to reply  -  although a little disappointing to hear that provenance remains unknown.    This green is a truly vibrant and deep rich colour, and the piece wold sit well in most contemporary situations  -  if I can only find somewhere in the house to stand it :-\      Have horrible feeling this is another one destined to be hidden away in a box in the shed :cry:

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 08:42:22 PM »
Hi all,

While searching for information regarding Ząbkowice production on the Pressglas-Korrespondenz website, I found proof that this vase is Polish. :)   It appears in the 1971 Ząbkowice catalogue.   Scroll down to page 33 here.

Anik

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 09:26:45 PM »
good work Sherlock - this answer has been a long time coming, so very well done for your detective work................   needless to say I long ago parted with mine. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand