No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this a murano bird/rooster?  (Read 4167 times)

Offline soledivo

• sir. or lord. your higness would be nice
  • Members
Re: Is this a murano bird/rooster?
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 04:50:56 PM »
the shape of the head is very similar to th Achemedo pheasants in"lase and Stone"
 by Leslie Pina.

the Barbini bird is spectacular  :thup:
martin

Offline buttonfluff

• Members
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 08:39:20 PM »
Excuse the pictures -this is the bird of paradise, this ones quite plain looking but so far i havent seen one in this colour/uranium ,they are usually more decorated if thats the right term ... so  A seguso looks likley for the little birdie unless i learn more on the way -----just to say ive posted on here for over a year and you guys are great i love you all in a glass kind of way x
xx ...Kerryn... xx

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 10:06:23 PM »
Buttonfluff, I love your Barbini bird!!! I don't think I have seen one like it either.  Wow, I really like it and by it being uranium makes it even more special.  Great finds you have there. 

tam bam

Offline buttonfluff

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2011, 02:22:19 AM »
Thankyou tam bam ,my whole glass collection is unorganised and un specific but im proud of every item i own,but my bird was my best buy --not my colour but too frightened to put it on ebay as its delicate and ive had mixed values on it .... i bargain hunt and altho it sounds mean i only pay a few pounds for anything and that gives me a buzz that i might have got a good bargain --so far ive sold none of my glass i try then i decide i just cant part with it, ive even had to send alot to my mothers as i ran out of room...from piano rests to paperweights to whitefriars and,murano  --im just waiting untill i find that rare baccaratt paperweight that will keep me for life x
xx ...Kerryn... xx

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 10:56:27 AM »
You are very wise not to sell Kerryn. 'Sellers remorse' is a dreadful disease,  :cry: and I have suffered badly. I sold the most beautiful Bucella Cristali rabbit.  It was so delicate and beautifully made. (there is a picture in Anita's Murano Zoo if you would like to see it).  Thank goodness I have a permanent record of it, and between you and me, it sold for no money!!

I now only sell pieces I have duplicates of, or pieces that are damaged, and even then I have had 'SR' symptoms, because actually with hand made art glass, there is no such thing as duplicates.....each one is a 'one-off'.

Your birds are beautiful, and both are, I am certain, very valuable. More importantly,  you love them, the best reason for collecting. I love Murano glass, and have a small but bery beautiful collection of birds and ducks....I must let Anita have pictures as soon as I know who made them.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 03:59:57 PM »
I too cannot part with glass.  It took me a long time to collect what I have and I have been so dedicated to it.  Perhaps one day I will sell but I don't anticipate it very soon.  If and when I do sell or give away my collection I would like to make sure the person will take good care of the pieces like I have all these years. 

I have seen the rabbit you use to have, Rosieposie.  It is a very good one.  I too have animals in Anita's zoo.  Her zoo is a great resource. 

Buttonfluff, I like Baccaratt cystal too. 

tam bam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand