Author Topic: Is this a murano bird/rooster?  (Read 1164 times)

Offline soledivo

• sir. or lord. your higness would be nice
  • Members
Re: Is this a murano bird/rooster?
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 04:50:56 PM »
the shape of the head is very similar to th Achemedo pheasants in"lase and Stone"
 by Leslie Pina.

the Barbini bird is spectacular  :thup:
martin

Offline buttonfluff

• Members
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 08:39:20 PM »
Excuse the pictures -this is the bird of paradise, this ones quite plain looking but so far i havent seen one in this colour/uranium ,they are usually more decorated if thats the right term ... so  A seguso looks likley for the little birdie unless i learn more on the way -----just to say ive posted on here for over a year and you guys are great i love you all in a glass kind of way x
xx ...Kerryn... xx

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 10:06:23 PM »
Buttonfluff, I love your Barbini bird!!! I don't think I have seen one like it either.  Wow, I really like it and by it being uranium makes it even more special.  Great finds you have there. 

tam bam

Offline buttonfluff

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2011, 02:22:19 AM »
Thankyou tam bam ,my whole glass collection is unorganised and un specific but im proud of every item i own,but my bird was my best buy --not my colour but too frightened to put it on ebay as its delicate and ive had mixed values on it .... i bargain hunt and altho it sounds mean i only pay a few pounds for anything and that gives me a buzz that i might have got a good bargain --so far ive sold none of my glass i try then i decide i just cant part with it, ive even had to send alot to my mothers as i ran out of room...from piano rests to paperweights to whitefriars and,murano  --im just waiting untill i find that rare baccaratt paperweight that will keep me for life x
xx ...Kerryn... xx

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 10:56:27 AM »
You are very wise not to sell Kerryn. 'Sellers remorse' is a dreadful disease,  :cry: and I have suffered badly. I sold the most beautiful Bucella Cristali rabbit.  It was so delicate and beautifully made. (there is a picture in Anita's Murano Zoo if you would like to see it).  Thank goodness I have a permanent record of it, and between you and me, it sold for no money!!

I now only sell pieces I have duplicates of, or pieces that are damaged, and even then I have had 'SR' symptoms, because actually with hand made art glass, there is no such thing as duplicates.....each one is a 'one-off'.

Your birds are beautiful, and both are, I am certain, very valuable. More importantly,  you love them, the best reason for collecting. I love Murano glass, and have a small but bery beautiful collection of birds and ducks....I must let Anita have pictures as soon as I know who made them.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 03:59:57 PM »
I too cannot part with glass.  It took me a long time to collect what I have and I have been so dedicated to it.  Perhaps one day I will sell but I don't anticipate it very soon.  If and when I do sell or give away my collection I would like to make sure the person will take good care of the pieces like I have all these years. 

I have seen the rabbit you use to have, Rosieposie.  It is a very good one.  I too have animals in Anita's zoo.  Her zoo is a great resource. 

Buttonfluff, I like Baccaratt cystal too. 

tam bam

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand