No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Green and matt cut lines on it - ID = Dartington Innovate  (Read 1507 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Green and matt cut lines on it - ID = Dartington Innovate
« on: January 13, 2011, 09:22:34 PM »
I like this because of the colour and the cut matt lines on it :)  Not so keen on the shape.  It's not marked, has some wear to the base and has a polished pontil mark.  The shiny bits in between the cut lines appear to be kind of 'faceted' all over, sort of repetitively textured with hexagons or similar but I can't really tell and obviously the surface has been polished.  It just provides it with a lovely reflective quality under lighting.  The base is clear cased and indented, so it kind of has a raised ridge firepolished, around the edge of the piece if you see what I mean?
I think it's possibly quite recent but does anyone recognise it please?
thanks
m

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Well done! I was deciding contemporary Chinese - cut in a very non-professional way. :-[
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
well it's weird Sue, when you have the vase at hand, the cutting and the finish is lovely and the colour gorgeous, but I just hate the shape - it kind of looks to me as though the blower wasn't able to make a straight up vase.
I think the design is bad.  Have the colour and the cutting and the facetting, but keep the shape normal, otherwise there's too much going on. Which might be why it looks Chinese (I thought Indian to be honest - it reminds me of those battuto vases that were around a couple of years ago). 
 It looks like a department store vase, something to add a little 'design' to your newly painted sitting room. 
m

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
I have an Innovate piece - it also looks like something to go with your new paint job. 
I did buy it in TKMaxx, it's massive and rather ugly.
Not even approaching a similar class to Dartington Studio, not in design or execution.

I couldn't see facets on your piece - just slapdash/unfinished cutting.  :-[
But only one pic would enlarge for me, the middle one.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
'Not even approaching a similar class to Dartington Studio, not in design or execution.'

Couldn't agree more :)
m

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Yes, but you can use it without worrying about it - and it won't overshadow your flower arrangement by being of more interest than the vegetation. ;D
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
yes, good point :)
Just realised it's taken 3 years for an id on this one  :o
m

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
But you didn't get any help.
You did it all on your own , remembered the thread you'd started, tracked it down and then posted the result.

Thank-you! :-*
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand