No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Small colourful bubbly vase, signed (but by whom?) ID = Jindra Beranek, Austria  (Read 7529 times)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Well, I was completely wrong ;D
Somehow I had the (obviously) wrong impression that the Beranek who went to Austria was much younger...

It is a huge advantage to live in Vienna if one wants to collect his pieces.
Sometimes sellers ask a fortune for them, but I got mine quite cheap (each 10 Euro or less).

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Lol, Michael, it seems that it's a huge advantage to live in Vienna if you want to collect any Czech-related glass! The pieces you manage to find, and the prices you pay, are the cause of envy among a few of us. 

You're darn lucky we still like you.  ;D

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Glad to hear that, Anik -- I will try not to mention prizes anymore ;D

It is nice for a Czech glass collector living in Austria to collect Jindrich Beranek's work (a Czech glass artist who has emigrated to Austria)

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Oh no, Michael, I was just teasing you!  Finding beautiful pieces at wonderful prices is part of the excitement. I'm honestly happy for you (and others) when you get great glass for little money.  I really was only joking about the ugly-envy bit.   :spls:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand