Author Topic: Small colourful bubbly vase, signed (but by whom?) ID = Jindra Beranek, Austria  (Read 2413 times)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Re: Small colourful bubbly vase, signed (but by whom?)
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 10:17:21 AM »
Jindrich, thank you so much for your infos on Jindra Beranek!
I will send you an e-mail with the data I can find...

And I will surely buy - and share with you - any other item by him I can find (at an affordable price :)).

Michael

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 09:58:47 PM »

Rose, you're right about bOBA always being right. I'm not so sure about this being foamy glass. I would reserve that description for the mass of tiny bubbles that are created when kerosene is added to a a pot of liquid glass.

David

Thanks David -- I just meant that there is clearly a difference in (clear) shaped bubbles and the bubbles in this vase.  It may not be the proper description for Glass Professionals -- but just another *descriptive* word one could/can use when googling different Search words in.  We all know, Google is only as good as we try to *explain* what we are looking for.  It might be just another *tag* word that helps to pull up some info.

When I google -- I try to put an many different combination of descriptions of something.  I (try) to think it may be described as -- then I also think to think outside-the-box as to what someone else *may use* to describe something.  All I wanted to mention/say the use of words when I was looking for something -- so not sure if it was the correct description -- but it was how some other site had described these types of bubbles.

Clearly different bubbles shapes on this item (than on Murano items)......so I guess these are a whole different breed of bubbles shapes when it comes to Google....

:24: :thud:

I was just throwing that out there, as sometimes even The Google World can be a hard place to find any info on a piece of glass.  Lord knows, I am still hunting for the Smokey Black Heavy Vase of mine -- and I have not *hit* the right descriptive words..................Yet

:ho: but still  :X: . 

Just like some of the signature I have found.  The glass item gave me no clue -- but then I tried to Google what I thought I could See --- and then tried to Google what I thought I could Not see.  Then lucked out.....LOL

My Brain is Frozen here at - 40 below...... :nk: lol
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 01:54:59 AM »
Rose:

Sorry to sound so niggly Rose. I think the rain in Vancouver was getting to me, just as the cold was "freezing your brain." However, I've solved the problem by going off to Maui. I feel much better now, thank you.

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 07:57:23 PM »
Did you at least bring us back some macademia nuts, Langhaugh/David? Or at least some  :sun:

Carolyn

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 08:53:30 PM »
If there are any macademia nuts left when I leave in a couple of weeks, I'll bring them. I seem to have more difficulty transporting the sunshine. But sunshine isn't a rarity in Calgary, is it? Maui, Calgary , what's the difference that  60 degrees F and a few Palm trees couldn't eliminate?

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 09:19:09 PM »
If there are any macademia nuts left when I leave in a couple of weeks, I'll bring them. I seem to have more difficulty transporting the sunshine. But sunshine isn't a rarity in Calgary, is it? Maui, Calgary , what's the difference that  60 degrees F and a few Palm trees couldn't eliminate?

David

We can live without the palm trees. It's those 60 degrees that we really, really miss  :mus:  ;)

Carolyn

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Old thread, but I found another signed Jindra Beranek vase (a really nice one) which I'd like to share...
This vase has an interesting feature -- backlit the coloured blobs are pink and purple, while when light is reflected there is a sort of neon-green shine to them.

I use to see quite a lot of signed J. Beranek pieces here, there seem to be two styles: quite distinctive studio-glass-style items with lots of air bubbles and coloured streaks and blobs like the ones in this thread; and other pieces which are rather plain and simply mimic 1950s Skrdlovice shapes. (I do prefer the first ones :))

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Krakow, Poland
That is lovely, Michael.  

While in Austria, did Jindrich Beranek 'mimic' Skrdlovice designs?  Maybe he was creating what was familiar to him?  I've got a Jindrich Beranek Skrdlovice vase which is one of my favourites -- calm, plain, yet sophisticated and masculine. Jindrich Beranek Skrdlovice

But I do like your Austrian bubbly bits too.  
My Etsy shop with Czech glass: CzechGlassCollector

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Thanks, Anik!
This one is my favourite from my four-piece collection :)

The pieces which seem to be inspired by Skrdlovice designs are like my blue vase, the one Sergio posted, and I have seen other single coloured hot worked vases with pulled lobes etc.
I suspect that the Jindrich Beranek who went to Austria is not the same Jindrich Beranek who designed for Skrdlovice in the 1950s (but I may be completely wrong)

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Krakow, Poland
I believe he is the same Jindrich Beranek.  In Sergio's post, Robert (bOBA) mentions that before emigrating to Austria, Jindrich did make a few designs at Skrdlovice in the mid-50s. :)

I do wish I could find one of his bubbly pieces, though. 
My Etsy shop with Czech glass: CzechGlassCollector

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand