No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ash Tray that bought me here (a 2nd one)  (Read 3692 times)

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
Re: Ash Tray that bought me here (a 2nd one)
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 08:58:30 AM »
A photo in the thread from Emmi of the ones talked about on Whitefriars.com I have one in aubergine marked Parker made in England with a diamond with a 'P' in on the base are we saying these are not connected to Parker as in the pens?
I suppose the Parker Pen company could have sourced ashtrays, but in this instance the Parker script logo has definitely been identified with Parker Beacon. Also worth mentioning that Parker Pens is a US company and Parker Beacon is a London-based company dealing mainly with smoking paraphenalia and more likely to have dealt with Chance Brothers.
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

shugdens

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 12:46:12 PM »
I suppose the Parker Pen company could have sourced ashtrays, but in this instance the Parker script logo has definitely been identified with Parker Beacon. Also worth mentioning that Parker Pens is a US company and Parker Beacon is a London-based company dealing mainly with smoking paraphenalia and more likely to have dealt with Chance Brothers.
The orlic one, was it eather a scandinavian tobaco company or a british pipe company?

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • ChanceGlass.net
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 01:26:51 PM »
In this posting on the Orlik thread: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,19637.msg113441.html#msg113441

It does state that Orlik is the English pipe company and then: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,19637.msg113445.html#msg113445

This shows the Orlik (English pipe company) logo which is difficult to argue against - almost identical to the one embossed on the base of the Chance ashtray.
David
► Chance Additions ◄

shugdens

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 06:05:40 PM »
In this posting on the Orlik thread: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,19637.msg113441.html#msg113441

It does state that Orlik is the English pipe company and then: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,19637.msg113445.html#msg113445

This shows the Orlik (English pipe company) logo which is difficult to argue against - almost identical to the one embossed on the base of the Chance ashtray.

Thats the thred that was linked to me on Ebay when selling the Orlik ash tray. It was diffrent in a few ways to this one but not hugely. Mainly the glass with it being blue & clear. But there are a few small shape diffrences, its a shame I've not got it now.

I cant remember who bought it but there a GMB user & I think started the thread. I'll have a look in a sec. :thup:

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • ChanceGlass.net
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 06:56:17 PM »
I was the one who directed you to the GMB thread (it is the same one) and also successfully bid for it on eBay.  ;)
David
► Chance Additions ◄

shugdens

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 11:23:57 PM »
I was the one who directed you to the GMB thread (it is the same one) and also successfully bid for it on eBay.  ;)
Ahh ok thanks for that  ;D, I had to sell it before my partner used it any more. Someone else linked me to it as well prior to me listing it, though it was via another antiques or glass forum, I think it might of been Wayne. Thats where I might of got the tobbaco idea from.

You did direct me right here cutting out the middle man so to speak. :wsh:

This one may have to go as well, I've banned smoking in the house but I've noticed ciggarete ends apearing in this ash tray. I once caught her about to put a cigg out in an £800 Moorcroft bowl... :ho:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand