No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ruby red , wrythen bowl with applied raspberry prunts & gold decoration.  (Read 7630 times)

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Re: Ruby red , wrythen bowl with applied raspberry prunts & gold decoration.
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 03:58:39 AM »
I agree with rose. It would be good if we could start a thread and post images of the labels along with the piece it is attached to and who it is by/year.

Maybe it could be a sticky as well so it doesn't get lost amongst all the threads.

Your thoughts?

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 03:32:37 PM »
I agree , perhaps a thread entitled "Murano Rooster Export Label -Help Needed To Crack the Code" :thup:
Mike

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 12:32:14 AM »
An AQ sticker on a Barbini sommerso lighter.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 08:28:29 AM »
I think a sticky thread is definitely needed for this label. Although no word from the mods on this. Could we please have an answer on this?  8) It would be greatly appreciated  :thup:

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 11:16:05 PM »
Hi All just rooting around :smg: and came across this by Mazzega IVR with label. Never heard of them  before but it certainly looks well made and has some similarities to the OP one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mazzega-I-V-R-Royal-Ruby-Red-Glass-Vase-w-aventurine-/320658968882?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa8c39132

Might throw some light where none has fallen. At least it is a new label and some interesting notes regarding Mazzega IVR.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 11:23:40 PM »
IVR Mazzega was one of the best furnaces in its day. Two of its master glassblowers were Ermanno Nason and Pino Signoretto. They made traditional style glass mostly and a good many animals. The animals go for a premium because it can be difficult to find ones with labels. The animals have the standard forms and poses, but are sought after. Wish I had a few dozen of them.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
I have stumbles across this bowl which is similar to the pieces listed here with a Seguso label. Might be helpful to those here who collect this type of glass...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Seguso-Wine-Red-Gold-Dust-Scalloped-Leafed-Bowl-/250818261654?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a65eef296

Offline Wayne

• Members
    • 20th Century Glass
Did these rooster labels ever get their own thread?  Here's a Galliano Ferro bowl with the "AF" rooster label:

Offline tam bam

• Members
My Galliano Ferro fish has the rooster label with the AF on it also.  

I found these two birds last week on Ebay and found them interesting.  They favor my birds by Franco Moretti (the technique used and not the shape of them).  The rooster labels are on both and it looks like the labels have the letters CC by the rooster.  I haven't seen the rooster labels with CC on them before.  I do wonder if Franco Moretti made them.  The murrine eyes kind of favor some of his murrines also.  I just thought I would link them to this thread.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220791434450&si=sn5eQ3exRD3wwyE4vroO5UqMOp4%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

tam bam

P.S. - I originally thought that Franco Moretti pieces were all signed but I recently bought a paperweight that is FM and it is not signed and only has a plastic label.  I do wonder about the birds in the above link if they are really signed under the label or not.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand