No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ruby red , wrythen bowl with applied raspberry prunts & gold decoration.  (Read 7626 times)

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
No source David, just throwing a suggestion out their. I am hoping we stumble upon the key to these letters soon!

Offline tam bam

• Members
I checked my Galliano Ferro fish and the rooster label on it states. AF.  That throws the Fuga theory out the door.   :thud:

tam bam

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Sometimes the labels are as interesting as the glass! Love it  ;D

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
Re: Ruby red , wrythen bowl with applied raspberry prunts & gold decoration.
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 10:30:06 PM »
Thanks Kane !

I think I will fill it with raspberries in the Summer and eat the lot  :nix:

Has anyone asked Alex (artofvenice) about the code on the labels ? I've been reading some of his very interesting comments on some other threads !  :X:
Mike

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 01:38:57 AM »
I'm following your posts hoping something is found,been looking for a while now,the bowl with prunts is darker than in the photo ;D

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 09:29:57 PM »
WoW ! What an extravaganza of Murano ruby ! Your bowl , with prunts , surely must be by the same maker as mine. I really love this type of Murano design ! Probably not to everyones taste but would look great in a boudoir with a pair of matching lamps !  :o

p.s. No export labels I guess ?
Mike

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 01:43:50 AM »
This one has bubbles,the base is like yours ;D they are verrrry nice,

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 03:17:50 AM »
I have an Archimede Seguso bianco nero dog that has BD on the label. Not seeing a pattern, but maybe one will emerge.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 02:46:23 PM »
I have an Archimede Seguso bianco nero dog that has BD on the label. Not seeing a pattern, but maybe one will emerge.

:hiclp: :hiclp:

See now -- I have Never seen this label with a BD on it....not that I have seen a zillion labels of yet.  :24:   But gee, they have to *stand* for something...don't they? 

We are a glass board, and would be nice IF we could *crack-the-code* on these initials.  Might they be a maker, or a place where they came from, or even letters used for a date code.....????

They have to have some significance for each label these Initials --- They Have to stand for something......IMHO

Wonder how many other initials are out there on these label?  We will have to start to gather facts on this, to see if we *the Board* might be able to figure this out.  Would be even nicer for the GMB to get the credit for cracking (maybe) a part of glass history of these labels, since nobody knows what the initials stand for at the current moment....and nothing seems to be on the Net.  Hasn't anyone ever wondered about this before in the Universe of Glass Collectors for the years, and years of collecting glass?  Not just even now, but in the past too... :X:

...Just a thought.  ;)
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Jurgen

• Members
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 04:30:26 PM »
Hi all..........I have pondered these labels for many years and have yet to come to any firm conclusions!................Jerry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand