No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: More Paul Ysart paperweights  (Read 1059 times)

Offline samantha_t87

• Members
More Paul Ysart paperweights
« on: January 22, 2011, 04:05:56 PM »
Hello, I have 2 more Paul Ysart paperweights that I am hoping to sell on Ebay.  Like my last post, I am looking for any ideas on value and just opinions on the paperweights.

Thank you for any help.  The paperweight in my last post has just sold on Ebay for £217.  I am really happy with that as the paperweight did have quite an obvious flaw.

The two paperweights I have to sell now are actually my sisters who wants me to sell them for her.  I think they also have flaws, but not as obvious as the last one.   From what I can see, it looks like there are some bubbles.

Thank you

Link to the pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shtaylor/?saved=1

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: More Paul Ysart paperweights
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 04:15:07 PM »
I'd better keep my trap shut about flaws in these, though I do know bubbles shouldn't really be there.
However, I think to get shot of it, go with the what you did before - describe the bubbles, show them in your pictures, include the box if you still have it, etc.etc.

Butterflies are popular, this one has red aventurine in it (the sparkly body) - nice feature to have.

Should sell no problem, just like the last one!
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 04:46:10 PM »
What  nice pieces you girls or ( ladies )  were given, by a person with excellent taste and who obviously cared . good luck jp :angel:

Offline cfosterk

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 09:42:57 PM »
The white boxes interest me - do they have a PJ (or Paul Jokelson) on the outside?

I ask because each paperweight bears a PY (Paul Ysart) cane and these weights were usually bound for the other side of the Atlantic....

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline samantha_t87

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 12:52:27 AM »
Hi there, no the boxes do not have the PJ on them. However, the one I sold previously did have the PJ, it was given to me along with my sister's paperweights in the picture.   The two boxes in the picture are just plain white. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand