No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Seguso Vetri 'd Arte Bird help  (Read 8089 times)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Seguso Vetri 'd Arte Bird help
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2011, 08:09:57 PM »
Thank you. The zoo is a community effort. People from the GMB and Fossilfly have really helped fill the pages with pictures. I'm glad your bird will join the pages. Red always adds interest and brightness.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2011, 08:19:40 PM »
Oh wow, there is the whole label that matches the one on my bird (different bird though from mine with the same label).  The label on mine is pretty damaged and torn so seeing the full label really helps.  BTW, I love the red bird.  I have one in neodymium but with a different SVdA label I bought from Anita.   

tam bam

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2011, 08:26:52 PM »
Holly, I just looked at the pictures of your red bird more carefully. The design actually matches the neodymium (lavender) bird that is on the same page. The posture is different, but the tail feathers arch in the same way and the wings come together. The neodymium bird was my favorite Seguso bird so far. I loved the tail. Tami is now proud owner of the bird.

Added on -- I just noticed that Tami pointed out about having the neodymium bird.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline aslusers

• Members
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 08:27:22 PM »
tam bam -

Your bird is what got me to this website!  I recognized the top half of your label.  How big is your bird?

This one is just about 3 inches.

Offline aslusers

• Members
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2011, 08:36:38 PM »
My new red Seguso bird goes so well with my Wales multifiori bird! :)

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
H again, Aslusers:

My neodymium bird is 3 inches long.  My opalescent bird is about 3 1/8 inches long.  My opalescent bird is the one with the label like your red bird has (circle label) but my neodymium bird's design is like your red bird with a different SVdA label on it (label is red and square and only states Seguso).  I love the SVdA birds.  The are so much fun to look at.  Your two birds look lovely together.

tam bam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand