No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Seguso Vetri 'd Arte Bird help  (Read 8080 times)

Offline tam bam

• Members
Seguso Vetri 'd Arte Bird help
« on: January 25, 2011, 04:12:19 PM »
Hi all,
I am once again trying to find out more information on a bird with a SVdA label on the bottom.  The bird, I think, is rather old but I have yet been able to pin down any possible dates and the label is not helping much because I have yet to see a label by SVdA like this one.  If someone is able to help please let me know.  I would really appreciate it. 

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz23/TamiPietras12/catsjasonglass020.jpg

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz23/TamiPietras12/catsjasonglass006.jpg

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz23/TamiPietras12/catsjasonglass018.jpg

tam bam

Offline tam bam

• Members
Re: Seguso Vetri 'd Arte Bird help
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 04:45:59 PM »
 :huh:

tam bam

Offline muranosponge

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 01:54:39 AM »
I have this picture of the same bird with a different label, not sure if it will help you any.

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 01:52:48 PM »
Thank you so very much, Muranosponge!!! :hiclp:  You don't know how happy you have made me this morning.  Wonderful news indeed!  Your label has narrowed down some dates for the birds. Your pic is A LOT of help to me.  I can't thank you enough for your response.  I really appreciate the help.  :rah: 

tam bam

P.S. - Do you still have your bird?

Offline muranosponge

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 04:51:38 PM »
Your very welcome, glad I could be of some help.  No, I do not have the bird, only pictures. What were the dates you narrowed it down to?

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 07:20:42 PM »
I had TxSilver's help with this one.  She told me the label on your bird was from the late 1940's to 1960's.  I found ash specks in my bird so I would imagine it being very old.  My bird probably had the same label you have a pic of but was probably peeled off at some point in time.  I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your help. 

tam bam

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 06:14:11 AM »
My guess is the label would be mid/late 40's to early/mid fifties. I am still mesmerised by that SVdA label tam bam. I have never seen it before and SVdA is all I look for! I would probably buy the label out right  :24:

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 02:36:41 PM »
Hi Kane_u_pain,

Funny thing is at the time of purchase I had no idea what the label looked like because the seller didn't post a pic of it.  The seller only focused on the bird itself and not the label and only described it as being SVdA.  When it arrived to my home is when I discovered I had never seen the label before.  I appreciate all the help.  I just wish I could find the other mates to the little bird now because he looks lonely sometimes :mus:.     

tam bam

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 07:48:36 PM »
Thanks sooooooooooo very much, Mike!!!!! Exciting news!!!!!! :hiclp:  I have a feeling it is going to be a brutal battle over the birds on Ebay.  The seller is right.  They are rare.  I just wonder how much the birds are really worth now?  I noticed that the birds on Ebay do not have a blue head like mine and have different SVdA labels than mine.  My bird appears to have a round SVdA label that I haven't seen before.  Hmmm......

Thanks again, Mike.  You have a good eye. :o

tam bam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand