Author Topic: Seguso Vetri 'd Arte Bird help  (Read 2720 times)

Offline tam bam

• Members
Seguso Vetri 'd Arte Bird help
« on: January 25, 2011, 04:12:19 PM »
Hi all,
I am once again trying to find out more information on a bird with a SVdA label on the bottom.  The bird, I think, is rather old but I have yet been able to pin down any possible dates and the label is not helping much because I have yet to see a label by SVdA like this one.  If someone is able to help please let me know.  I would really appreciate it. 

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz23/TamiPietras12/catsjasonglass020.jpg

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz23/TamiPietras12/catsjasonglass006.jpg

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz23/TamiPietras12/catsjasonglass018.jpg

tam bam

Offline tam bam

• Members
Re: Seguso Vetri 'd Arte Bird help
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 04:45:59 PM »
 :huh:

tam bam

Offline muranosponge

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 01:54:39 AM »
I have this picture of the same bird with a different label, not sure if it will help you any.

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 01:52:48 PM »
Thank you so very much, Muranosponge!!! :hiclp:  You don't know how happy you have made me this morning.  Wonderful news indeed!  Your label has narrowed down some dates for the birds. Your pic is A LOT of help to me.  I can't thank you enough for your response.  I really appreciate the help.  :rah: 

tam bam

P.S. - Do you still have your bird?

Offline muranosponge

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 04:51:38 PM »
Your very welcome, glad I could be of some help.  No, I do not have the bird, only pictures. What were the dates you narrowed it down to?

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 07:20:42 PM »
I had TxSilver's help with this one.  She told me the label on your bird was from the late 1940's to 1960's.  I found ash specks in my bird so I would imagine it being very old.  My bird probably had the same label you have a pic of but was probably peeled off at some point in time.  I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your help. 

tam bam

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 06:14:11 AM »
My guess is the label would be mid/late 40's to early/mid fifties. I am still mesmerised by that SVdA label tam bam. I have never seen it before and SVdA is all I look for! I would probably buy the label out right  :24:

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 02:36:41 PM »
Hi Kane_u_pain,

Funny thing is at the time of purchase I had no idea what the label looked like because the seller didn't post a pic of it.  The seller only focused on the bird itself and not the label and only described it as being SVdA.  When it arrived to my home is when I discovered I had never seen the label before.  I appreciate all the help.  I just wish I could find the other mates to the little bird now because he looks lonely sometimes :mus:.     

tam bam

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 07:48:36 PM »
Thanks sooooooooooo very much, Mike!!!!! Exciting news!!!!!! :hiclp:  I have a feeling it is going to be a brutal battle over the birds on Ebay.  The seller is right.  They are rare.  I just wonder how much the birds are really worth now?  I noticed that the birds on Ebay do not have a blue head like mine and have different SVdA labels than mine.  My bird appears to have a round SVdA label that I haven't seen before.  Hmmm......

Thanks again, Mike.  You have a good eye. :o

tam bam

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com