No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Taussaunt Glass question.  (Read 6028 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Taussaunt Glass question.
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 08:00:36 PM »
oh I wonder if the one I linked to (the Jester) is also by Bernsdorf then.
Should this thread perhaps be moved out of Trinket boxes if it was actually used for sweets?

m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline theElench

• Members
    • Art Deco
    • England
Re: Taussaunt Glass question.
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2019, 08:15:12 AM »
Back to when I started trying to I.D it and finding the Taussaunt pots with the same finial I started reading about them.  Don't remember all the details but there seemed to be some questions about the company. 

What their connection with Dermay NY was and a general lack of verified info. about who or what they were.  Might a closer connection to Bernsdorf  answer some of the other questions?

It has crossed my mind, given the protectionism in international trade during the Depression period, that some of the examples of different companies apparently making the same pieces were not pure and simple plagiarism, but some attempt at tax evasion?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand