No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Unknown turquoise glass bowl, ID = Davidson 643 Blue Pearline  (Read 2525 times)

Offline davidfish1212

• Members
Unknown turquoise glass bowl, ID = Davidson 643 Blue Pearline
« on: February 08, 2011, 08:15:30 PM »
Hi all,

I bought this vase today on impulse because of the colour (and also much cheapness) The white edges fade into the lovely turquoise blue. Its a pressed bowl with a number imprinted in it - Po130643. Size is 5 3/4" across and 4 1/4" high. When I took the photos under flash the colour of the blue glass seemed to have a green tinge to it ( flash pics to follow ) I wondered if anyone could give me any info on this bowl, age, maker, country of origin, type of glass, any significance to the change of colour under flash. All information greatfully accepted as usual :thup:

Cheers in advance, David :sc:

Offline davidfish1212

• Members
Re: Unknown turquoise glass bowl, ID help please.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 08:16:47 PM »
Pics under flash

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 08:30:29 PM »
It was made by Davidson in the late 1800s/early 1900s. The mark is Rd 130643, which is the design registration mark. It was registered 13 August 1889. The design is the 643 suite and this is a sugar bowl in Blue Pearline. Nice find, especially if cheap. The green is probably manganese in the glass mix glowing slightly green in the UV component of the flash light.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 08:30:35 PM »
???

No idea, but the first thing that *popped* into my head (as a guess) was Davidson ??? as (only) a thought ???
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,36600.0.html

But I am not sure (just a thought) and talking out-loud here.  :-\  :huh:  

Others will know better.

****Added:  Whoops Lustrousstone was typing as I was -- guess we were on the same length... :hiclp: :hiclp: at the same time..... :24: :24: :24:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline davidfish1212

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 10:35:21 PM »
wow!
Thank you both for your replies, I can't believe I found such an old bit of glass. Its not the usual type of glass that i would pick up, I normally favour the more modern czech or scandinavian or mdina vases but...wow 120 years old and not a chip or crack on it. Thanks again for posting replies so quickly.

p.s. chances are i will pass this on to fund another bit of glass, if any one is interested please let me know.

cheers again, David :sc:

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 07:21:30 AM »
The date is when the design was registered, so your sugar bowl may be up to 10 years younger. More on Davidson here http://www.cloudglass.com/

Offline davidfish1212

• Members
Re: Unknown turquoise glass bowl, ID = Davidson 643 Blue Pearline
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 09:51:02 PM »
Thanks Christine :hiclp:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand