No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart Shapes - 312 Pieces  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Kiwi Bill

• Members
Monart Shapes - 312 Pieces
« on: December 04, 2005, 03:07:41 AM »
Hi to All,

Firstly, -Seasonal Greetings to you all, have a Good, Safe and Prosperous New Year - (Happy hunting in other words!!!!!)

Secondly, I'd like to ask the question of you like minded collectors of glass.

Is it possible to collect one piece of each shape of Monart Glass, as per the "Ysart Glass" book??? (312 Pieces)

I have asked other collectors of Monart Glass and the general consensus seems to be that its not possible..........due to, not all shapes were massed
produced in such quantity as to survive to-day, if this is the case... do you agree???
Some may say ..."Humbug... of course its possible"  OK if it's possible, how long would it take to acheive the goal of 312 shapes.

Wait there's more.....................

If its not possible, why not and what shapes would be the most rare/difficult to find.

Food for thought...............maybe!!

Regards

Gangster098
(Bill)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Monart Shapes - 312 Pieces
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 10:08:54 AM »
It is possible, given time and a bottomless pocket, however I have yet to find images of all shapes, let alone pieces! Currently 163 found  out of 312.

I still need colour pics of
  M,  Q,  T
DA, HA, LA, OA, VA, WA
AB, DB, LB, NB, QB, SB, WB, ZB
AC, DC, FC, HC, LC, NC, OC, SC, XC, YC, ZC
AD, BD, DD, FD, JD, KD, MD, ND, PD, QD, TD, UD, WD, YD
BE, CE, DE, FE, HE, KE, LE, ME, NE, QE, RE, VE, WE, XE, ZE
BF, EF, FF, GF, KF, LF, NF, PF, SF, UF, VF, ZF
AG, BG, DG, EG, HG, JG, KG, LG, MG, OG, SG, TG, UG, WG, YG
AH, BH, CH, GH, HH, IH, JH, KH, MH, NH, OH, QH, RH, SH, UH, XH
AI, CI, II, OI, PI, QI, SI, TI, UI, VI, XI, YI, ZI
AJ, CJ, DJ, EJ, FJ, GJ, HJ, IJ, PJ, RJ, TJ, UJ, WJ, XJ, YJ, ZJ
AK, BK, CK, DK, EK, FK, GK, IK, JK, KK, LK, MK, NK, OK, RK, SK, TK, UK, VK, YK, ZK with ferrules.

I do have perhaps a dozen of those in the backlog still to be processed :? and I have been actively looking for a T through scent collectors for years now with no results. There is a Q in V&A and I think I have the M in backlog. Soooo, just 2 to complete just one catalogue page!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand