No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Paperweights and a Murano Raffaeli Blue Bird ! I'm selling on ebay !  (Read 3633 times)

Offline jakgene

• Members
  • Mrs Doasyouwouldbedoneby
    • Mid 20 Century glass
    • Australia
Re: Paperweights and a Murano Raffaeli Blue Bird ! I'm selling on ebay !
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 02:06:48 AM »
I probably also should add to"just with sunshine and better food " - and bushfires, cyclones and floods - after the year Australia has had had so far!  :cry:

good job we are able to cope - I have a  friend in Brisbane who tells me that just weeks after the massive floods there life is very much getting back to normal. I think the clean up from Cyclone Yasi will take longer - massive destruction of infrastructure - roads,railways, ports, bridges etc, takes longer to replace.  And we here in Perth hills had a big bushfire last weekend that burned out a big area with 74 homes destroyed. No loss of life though thank goodness.
jakgene
Western Australia
Mid 20 Century Glass
British Glass, Scandinavian Glass, Murano Glass,
Paperweights. (and anything gorgeous!)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
Re: Paperweights and a Murano Raffaeli Blue Bird ! I'm selling on ebay !
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 11:36:30 AM »
Thanks Jak,

It has been a really difficult period for Australia , we have been following events on the news and we just hope it's all over now !! Glad to hear the recovery is happening fast though. So many people must have had their lives devistated ....we can only imagine what it must be like for them ! :X: Mike.
Mike

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand