No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice vase but which designer?  (Read 6611 times)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Skrdlovice vase but which designer?
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 01:45:27 PM »
Sorry for the delay Michael, I have not been receiving notification of replies for some reason. I don't have enough knowledge to know whether the colour is more reminiscent of Moser or Skrdlovice, I thought the vase was very well made and a subtle and lovely tactile item.

John

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 06:08:02 PM »
 :thud:
That second one is fabulous, John - I've just dribbled everywhere!
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 02:00:55 PM »
Well, today the vase turned up again on the Viennese fleamarket, was much cheaper than before Christmas, and so it is mine now :rah:

I am very glad that John's is labeled and Robert added so much great information, so at least we know where it comes from (if not the designer); I would think it could be Stahlikova, as the most similar piece I have found in CGR is this one: http://picasaweb.google.com/Jindra8526/Glasrevue19588?authkey=Gv1sRgCIakrf3F_sXzLQ#5439620069745336450

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 04:32:04 PM »
Michael, another truly lucky and lovely find.  But I wonder if this item was only made in pink?

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
langhaugh
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 07:55:40 PM »
Good find, Michael.  Finding a much desired item at a lower price makes the weekend and your collection even more special.

I'm in Maui so no chance of that happening here.  I'll just have to go to the beach instead. 

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 08:07:59 PM »
@Anik: the pink and clear does look more like a Moser blank to me, but not sure about that...
Maybe it will turn up in another colour combination one day :)
BTW, the softly indented base is very similar to that of your unknown small smoky sculptural vase. (Rather unusual base for Czech glass of that period).
@David: I would trade the Saturday fleamarket in Vienna (icy wind) against a stay at the beach of Maui at once! :sun:
Have a great time!

Michael

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand