No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: PW--- One man Trash, is Another Treaure !!  (Read 1564 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
PW--- One man Trash, is Another Treaure !!
« on: February 26, 2011, 03:20:15 AM »
 :chky: 

I am so excited as I found this Paperweight today at the local Charity shop.  Not sure that I have lucked out that much before.  I think my *eyes* just about POPPED  :o out.  I could not get it into my basket enough!!!

I am thinking that it is Fratelli Toso, as just going by the other weights I have here.  This is very heavy, and quite larger.  A bit larger than the other ones I have.  There is also Aventurine in the Base of it.  Comparing it to some of my others, I (think) it is Fratelli Toso.  The bottom is flat with a curved pontil mark -- and also good wear.  It is about 3.50 inches tall.  No chips, or scratches on it -- and this was at the Charity shop here.  I could not believe it.  It was MY day.

Anyhow, is it Fratelli Toso?  And any idea of the Age, or when it was made. Thanks, I am   :chky: and

Gotta be worth $ome Coin.....more than I paid  :thup:

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: PW--- One man Trash, is Another Treaure !!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 07:28:58 AM »
Yes , i have a couple on ebay at the moment one has the same canes and i have had some with label in the past .

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 09:13:41 AM »

Agreed - looks like Fratelli Toso. I have one on eBay at present too! They turn up fairly often here in the UK at auctions, car boots sales, charity shops and so on.  Typical sale prices vary from £5 to £30 plus depending upon size, complexity, and which way the wind is blowing....

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 04:48:53 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  This one is bigger than the others I have here.....and for here, to find one in the charity shop is more Unique.  Not only that but the date it was put *out* on the shelf was the 22 of Feb.  I was not there till the 25.  So for 3 days, people walked by - until I showed up !!! LOL  ;D

So for $15 I got it (and no shipping!!!.... :24: ) so you just do not see these here that much... 

I thought it might be Fratelli Toso when I compared it to my other ones.  You can see it is a bit bigger too (about 3.50 inches) and shows good wear on the bottom.

What year do you think this is, about ??  Thanks
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 04:55:40 PM »

My best guess on age is 1960 -1980. But I am no expert on dating these.

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand