No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: It's all your fault!  (Read 2608 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
It's all your fault!
« on: January 14, 2006, 07:51:11 PM »
These are probably Chinese but I couldn't leave them behind just in case. What does anyone think please?
bee weight
bee weight 2
butterfly
butterfly 2

I seem to have developed this addiction to glass since I've been coming here. For today's retail therapy we did a flea market, a jumble sale and a charity shop, followed by chips in the car for lunch - the OH really knows how to show a girl a good time - he even went and bought plastic cutlery for me from the £1-type shop because the chippy didn't have any!

Anyway, I came home with two paperweights, some bits of dressing table set that I know will recycle on ebay, two vintage Pyrex baby bottles, a vintage lemonade concentrate bottle, an LSA International geode style ashtray (cos it had a label), a Becker-Design warmer like Anne's and that was just the glass!! And I didn't buy the tall slim blue jug with the ground out pontil mark because I dithered and some chap walked off with it.

Can somebody move me to the paperweight board please - had a blonde moment!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
It's all your fault!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 08:35:47 PM »
LSA International geode-style ash tray with label

Top view top view
Side view side view

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Leni

• Members
It's all your fault!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 08:48:51 PM »
Yes, I reckon the weights are Chinese.  

The interesting thing is how different the flowers are.  They look similar, but clearly totally different crimps have been used to make them.  

The lampwork bees and butterflies are fairly standard, but IMO not bad attempts, and certainly equal to some early examples by lampworkers now quite well-know, or even famous  :wink:
Leni

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand