No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Indiana Glass  (Read 2349 times)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Indiana Glass
« on: February 14, 2011, 07:21:22 PM »
I have run across some inexpensive Indiana Glass items lately that have been recently produced. There are clear glass cylinder vases they sell in bulk and one of their old Impressions vases made in clear glass, sold in abundance at the Dollar Store. I didn't know they were operating again. These don't look like their old things. These pieces could easily pass for Chinese -- functional, but not collectible. Still, it's good to see glass jobs in the US.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline jsmeasell

• Author
  • Members
Re: Indiana Glass
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 03:51:33 PM »
Indiana Glass no longer operates its plant in Dunkirk, Indiana. My understanding is that the operation is now under Lancaster Colony and that glass products are being made by automatic machine processes, probably in Sapulpa, Oklahoma.
James Measell, Historian
Fenton Art Glass Co.

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Re: Indiana Glass
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 06:13:27 PM »
Indiana (2002) & Lancaster (2007) are both gone, I believe only the old Bartlett Collins commercial ware plant is still running. To the best of my knowledge Lancaster-Colony still has most of the Fostoria molds in inventory. Ken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand