No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 1960's Glassware from Japan  (Read 3651 times)

Offline madeinjapan

• Members
1960's Glassware from Japan
« on: February 15, 2011, 06:52:54 PM »
I haven't posted any pictures yet, but I wanted to put some feelers out there.  In the early 60's my other and father lived in Japan.  While there they bought some glassware through the Navy Exchange.  I was told that the glassware was also made in Japan.  The glass ware consists of almost everytype of drinking container I can think of; regular drinking glass, shot glass, beer glass, liquor glass, martini glass, wine glass, etc....  It also includes an ice container and a drink mixer/shaker.

The glasses are clear with a leaf patter on them.  Again, I just wanted to see if anyone might be familiar with this.  I will post pictures if anyone responds

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: 1960's Glassware from Japan
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 06:55:41 PM »
Welcome to the board. Please post pictures. See here for help http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,6522.0.html

Even if we can't help, we like to look and learn. Some of us do have a book on Japanese glass.

Offline madeinjapan

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 07:08:36 PM »
I'll post pictures tonight.  thanks for helping me out.  I can say that they are glass and not crystal.

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 08:57:06 AM »
Pics would be great! ;D I love Japanese Glass and am sad I sold most of my collection before moving overseas many years ago. Especially since the prices realised here have gone up! >:(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand