No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Sticker Says Made in Italy.... = IVV  (Read 6055 times)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Sticker Says Made in Italy.... = IVV
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 06:03:08 PM »
I agree Adam.  I've also seen identical decanters as mine in a different colour, with the white stripe and same matching stopper.  I believe there's a picture of one in one of Leslie Pina's books ("50s Glass"??? I think).

------------------------

Correction: "Italian Glass" p.117
Anne E.B

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 08:42:22 PM »
I was suggesting it could be a mariage because the pressed stopper seems to be identical to the one used on the ubiquitous "Genii" bottle which is from Empoli or the adjacent valley; but it might just as well be a bought-in addition to the blown decanter - there seems to be a discrepancy of techniques between the two.

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 09:00:33 PM »
Quote from: "Ivo"
but it might just as well be a bought-in addition to the blown decanter - there seems to be a discrepancy of techniques between the two.

A bit like a "universal" stopper made to fit different decanters but from the same source :P   I guess that would have been cheaper too to make rather than handblown stoppers?
Anne E.B

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand