No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Linea Valentina  (Read 3997 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Linea Valentina
« on: July 10, 2012, 12:03:03 PM »
Bottle/vase in green blue and aventurine stripes - Murano - labelled and with original Linea Valentina tag - any ideas on date. I found some good info on net but anything further welcomed.

Thanks Adam

Offline Artofvenice

• Members
    • http://www.artofvenice.com
Re: Linea Valentina
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 05:29:00 PM »
Hi, Linea Valentina was a "commercial collection" for Adriano Dalla Valentina, a very very good master glassmaker.
These kind of small bottles, tumbles, dishes (and other small items) were very popular.
They are well made, with glass canes and filigree and a kind of pretty simple "roll up" technique. But, due to they are mass produced, their pricing were very reasonable.

I sold so, so many of them...  :)

Alex
www.artofvenice.com

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 06:26:46 PM »
Thanks for info - It's a nice little piece and I'm glad to have it. Didn't pay to much. Thanks again.

Adam

Offline Artofvenice

• Members
    • http://www.artofvenice.com
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 09:38:39 AM »
These kind of items are always a good deal, because they are made with a very genuine technique.
Same process than bigger (and more expensive) Murano glassworks.
Considering the features and comparing with similar products, my opinion is their value is higher than the market price.

;)

Alex

www.artofvenice.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand