No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Sklo Union Rosice  (Read 2218 times)

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Sklo Union Rosice
« on: February 19, 2011, 07:26:16 AM »
I my wife Sonia and my friend Maxim Velcovsky visited Rosice yesterday.
Rosice factory was closed in 1996, the current stag eof factory you can see at the pictures.
Our guide, the man with beard Mr. Pavlik, has told us for him very funny story.

Few years ago visited this place an Englishman, speaking basic broken Czech language and has searched for materials about glassworks tolding him, that he is writing book about Sklo Union glass. Got some glass and also the unique pressed car you can see at picture he left very excited.
Possibly you know who that strange Englishman was, our collegue Marcus Newhall (www.sklounion.com) on his research trip in Czech republic :-)

Well pictures from Rosice Glassworks nowadays are here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Jindra8526/SkloUnionRosice1822011?authkey=Gv1sRgCJqxzo3J_t-CpgE#

Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Sklo Union Rosice
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 01:23:43 PM »
Jindrich, thank you for sharing the photos...

But I have to say, what the pictures portray is terribly sad -- How can pieces of glass, some beautiful, be left abandoned?  How can tools, tables, (glass) blocks and other things which can still be used, be left to rot for 15 years?  I don't understand.   :spls:

What a terrible shame.

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 05:24:03 PM »
I am surprised that the factory has not been totally vandalized. Did you see any interesting boxes of archival material (old catalogues, design books, etc) floating around?  :24:

Carolyn

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 01:05:40 AM »
All papers available had been safed by Marcus Newhall. 60 tons of paper documents had been tranfered to recyclation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand