No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ermanno signed and dated cat glass sculpture  (Read 1556 times)

Offline 310patrice

• Members
ermanno signed and dated cat glass sculpture
« on: February 20, 2011, 07:39:03 AM »
12 inch glass cat, bought in Murano in 1971.  Signed and dated "Ermanno Nason Cenedese Murano 1971".  Has label also.  Price was $950 US dollars in 1971.  Need help to value and perhaps sell

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
Re: ermanno signed and dated cat glass sculpture
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 07:17:29 PM »
We are going to want pictures. Of the cat as a whole, of the base, and definitely a close-up of the label. On the negative side, we tend not to do valuations because they are so volatile and difficult to pin down.

Welcome to the forum.

Carolyn

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 06:20:02 AM »
It may be the magnificent one pictured at the bottom of the page in the zoo at https://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/mammals-4. This is Patrice's cat. I have it at 14", so I'm not sure. I've had a couple of comments from people who visited the zoo and loved the cat. I wish I had a value for it, but I can't even guess. Is the cat 14 or 12". It can make a big difference in value.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline 310patrice

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 10:34:01 PM »
Yes, it is the cat that is pictured.  I measured it again, and it is closer to 13 1/2 inches.  Not quite 14"  as I had previously thought, but taller than 12".  I am having such trouble obtaining any kind of appraisal, being there is nothing to compare it to.  Any help would be so appreciated!

Offline soledivo

• sir. or lord. your higness would be nice
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 02:18:40 PM »
its a stunning figure,

as to price, as long as you don't go ott,
I would think you could name your price  :hiclp:
martin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia