No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano Pet dish????  (Read 2120 times)

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
Murano Pet dish????
« on: January 11, 2006, 11:12:24 AM »
I guess you can't get more modern than this.

It measures 71/4 inches across and when turned over reveals:

The rim is ground and polished with wear marks. The three layers consist of outer aqua? then white and a thick layer of clear. Any info on this would be great, thanks in advance Terry

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Murano Pet dish????
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 11:51:43 AM »
Now you need a Murano pet to go with it Terry! ;)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7379982046
I love the face on this!  :lol:
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Annella

• Members
Murano Pet dish????
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 06:41:43 AM »
I dont visit these boards often enough, darn it! Will set that right as I have SO much to learn from you all here.
This bowl had me cracking up as I lived in Italy for 10 years and up until recently, animals have NOT been held in much regard there at all. ' (Course thats not counting the Contessa's cuddly or Berlusconi's bouncer. ) :)
I once took my two cats to a vet to have them neutered and spayed ( a VERY uncommon practice), he called later that day to say that he had left the clinic and they were ready for collecting. I arrived to find my two Pusscats in their cages, still under the effects of the anaesthesia, on the doorstep of the clinic, during a -15 deg winters day. :(

What can I tell ya! I LOVE that dog bowl. I covet it, and apart from that...it's beautiful. Oh yeah......!!!!!!! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand