No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Fish candlestick  (Read 2953 times)

Offline ardy

• Members
Re: Fish candlestick
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 11:19:11 PM »
Hi John, it is 7 1/2" tall (190mm) to the top of the ferrule. Nice lamp but I tend to prefer bigger ones. Picking a large one up tomorrow that I got off the local ebay last week.

Will post it here in the next few days.

Good luck finding who made your candlestick. I think we should put a proviso on all who enter this site "Beware! without a label and even with a label it is unlikely we will be able to id your glass".
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 11:34:29 PM »
Thanks for taking a look Anita and yes, it is nice and growing on me too.

I can see the similarities to your lamp Ardy, especially the decoration on top of the heads. There are a few things that differ and I guess they would need to be sturdier to support a shade. On balance I think probably not Seguso.

I think we should put a proviso on all who enter this site "Beware! without a label and even with a label it is unlikely we will be able to id your glass".
I agree. ;D

John

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 09:53:27 PM »
No direct link to your candlestick but here is a Archimede Seguso candlestick with prunts on our local ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VINTAGE-ITALIAN-MURANO-RUBY-GOLD-ART-GLASS-CANDLESTICK-/350438490685?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item5197c3023d
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline pl79

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 07:31:54 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Art-Deco-Dolphin-Lamp-Noveau-Kitch-Seguso-Murano-1940s-/150431586369?pt=UK_Antiques_AntiqueFurniture_SM&hash=item23066bd841

This is a vintage lamp that is very similar to your candlestick that I found while browsing ebay. NIce piece, nice price!

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2011, 08:57:33 PM »
Thank you both, a fair few examples and probably a fair few makers too. Life would be boring if every item was marked..... :pb:

John

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 03:47:58 AM »
oh that is Beautiful !!!  :mrgreen: :girlcheer:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand