No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: lamped worked frog paperweight  (Read 12365 times)

Offline RAY

• Members
lamped worked frog paperweight
« on: January 12, 2006, 07:31:30 PM »
just got this one from the states via Terry " thanks" , after much looking on the net and in my book's for hour's I've  come to the conclusion that i haven't the foggiest who or where it was made, it measures 2" high and just under 3" across, the frog is very well done and so is the flower that it is holding, it's set a ruby red base with green and gold  aventurine, the base is highly polished with alot of ware and with some of the pontil scar still evident, anyone have a clue?

click on thumbnail for larger image

cheers Ray

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
lamped worked frog paperweight
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 06:32:59 PM »
I don't usually add comments to say, "Dunno", but for this one I will. However, I will also add something else:

I think the frog and flower may be a ceramic cast rather than lampworked glass. And judging by the nicely formed base I suspect it is from a company that produces some very good work. I wonder if this could be an American venture?
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: lamped worked frog paperweight
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 06:54:54 PM »
Ray do wish you would put pics on the board. Most of your old threads are picless :huh:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline RAY

• Members
Re: lamped worked frog paperweight
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 10:02:07 PM »
Ray do wish you would put pics on the board. Most of your old threads are picless :huh:

will do frank :)
cheers Ray

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand