No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Art Deco 'Mackintosh Rose' style plate UV reactive - ID = Walther WALTRAUT  (Read 980 times)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
I have 2 of these lovely square plates from when I first started to collect glass.

They are UV reactive and are 7.5" wide.
The centre has a star, and the edges are decorated with Mackintodh-style roses and leaves. Very pretty indeed.

I am listing some pictures to help with identification, but I can see nothing in Pamela's wonderful selection, unless I am missing something??
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
Here are some close-ups of the edge as it shows up well in UV.
Thanks for any help given.
Rosie.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
 :hi: Rosie, these roses look very much like Walther WALTRAUT, here:

http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/toilettenservice/00816.html - also oval and round bowls, a vase, but I never came across a square piece like yours!

It's a nice one, and the colour would be right for Walther also. Probably made post WWII by VEB Sachsenglas for UK market only and therefore not in the pattern books... (yes, they still made uranium glass during the 50ies)
 :huh:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
Hello Pamela,   :hi: thank you for looking.  I would never have matched the Walther Waltraut on my own. I was looking for square items, with frosted decoration and the roses appeared to have 4 bars in the centre.
Was there very much variation with patterns on Walther pieces?

I am glad you think it is nice, I love them and as they were part of my very early collection of glass (when I only collected green glass) they are very special.  I think I got them at a boot fair, so I was very lucky!

Nice to 'talk' to you, I am always browsing your pressglas pages and telling others about them.

Night night, got to be up early for the Cambridge Glass Fair!  :sun:
Rosie.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand