No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Yellow bubbly vase with dark diamond pattern. ID = Chribska  (Read 6653 times)

Offline david369

• Members
Yellow bubbly vase with dark diamond pattern. ID = Chribska
« on: February 27, 2011, 05:12:00 PM »
Hi
Its my first post here and i was looking for some information about some glass items i recently purchased the vase i think is also Murano any ideas who though ??
Many Thanks
David

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Any ideas on makers of this piece i recently purchased please
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 06:51:50 PM »
Welcome to the board, hope you'll be able to get lots of pieces identified. This one is too simple for Murano. Your vase was most probably made in Poland. There are several manufacturers of coloured decoration vases, but Tarnowiecz, Makora and Josefina jump to mind...  It is a very nice and decorative vase, but it will not break the bank, sorry.

Offline david369

• Members
Re: Any ideas on makers of this piece i recently purchased please
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 07:14:06 PM »
Hi Ivo
Many thanks for the information , i like it too much to sell it , the other piece i am not that keen on though and that will find its way on to ebay .
Many Thanks
David

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Yellow (bubbly?) vase with dark diamond pattern
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 02:23:00 AM »
Mod: David, I have changed the title of the thread to better reflect your query. Always best to make the title as descriptive as possible (but also fairly short).
KevinH

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 09:31:59 AM »
There is a fair to very good chance this pattern is a Czech glass design, Borocrystal, Prachen, by Hospodka, even if the shape is slightly unusual for it, the woven pattern is distinctive, Jindrich may be able to clarify this for us...

yours,

Robert (bOBA)

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 02:48:10 PM »
This is Czechoslovakian piece from 1965, Chribska glassworks, designed by Josef Michael Hospodka.
Very nice piece in fact with internal ornaments from soda bubbles.

More in Glasrevue 1966/9
Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz

Offline paulbowen

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 06:10:16 PM »
Any chance of a photo of the base?  Thanks.

Offline david369

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 06:59:10 PM »
Hi Paul
Thanks to all the members who have helped here , i am loading a picture of the base up to the thread now .
Many Thanks
David

Offline paulbowen

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 09:22:17 PM »
Well well well, isn't that interesting.  Thank you very much for this photo, I genuinely appreciate it.  I love this site.

Offline paulbowen

• Members
Re: Yellow bubbly vase with dark diamond pattern. ID = Chribska
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 03:00:38 AM »
Thank you, David and Jindrich, with the help of your photos I have been able to identify a piece of glass a friend of mine has as this very stuff.  I would have responded sooner, but had to check it out more closely before being sure.  I appreciate your help, thank you very much.   :hiclp:  :kissy:  :rah:  :t:  :smg:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand