No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: V Nason aventurine and red on black or Dalian/other?  (Read 883 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
V Nason aventurine and red on black or Dalian/other?
« on: March 01, 2011, 02:17:23 PM »
I 'think' this is right.... but I can't find something to compare it to and it is different to my lidded powder box despite being a very similar decor.  

It's mould blown, cut polished and bevelled rim, the black is very dark purple when held up to the light, the coloured decoration goes under the base but is on one side only of the vase, it doesn't feel as heavy as my box, which is completely opaque even held up to the light.  Measures 19cm tall.  
What thoughts?
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: V Nason aventurine and red on black or Dalian/other?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 04:12:31 PM »
I could not confirm that it is but I have seen the colour combination red and aventurine on a dark ground - on an antique market in Milano. The dealer said it was Nason - but hey, what does he know?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 05:08:26 PM »
 ;D  thanks Ivo - do I sense a bit of sitting on the fence, or is it a strong contender?
m

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 09:22:15 PM »
I'm trying to get less definite and milder with age. Not sure if it works   :24:

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 09:31:58 PM »
 :24:  hmmm, well, I was counting on you knowing -  and an antiques market in Milano sounds much preferable to and a lot more glamorous than, an antiques market somewhere rainy in the south of the UK  ;D  Mind you I was in Venice a few months ago and couldn't afford a single thing :o not even something small to bring home.  So had to be content using it as a 'research' visit only  :cry:
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 10:36:37 AM »
I found this in the glass gallery. It appears to be the same shape but different size.  It says this one is 15cm, mine is 19cm tall.  It has a label to the base.

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-5561
Many thanks
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand