No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Green heavy vase,maybe uranium glass  (Read 2906 times)

Offline lmj

• Members
Green heavy vase,maybe uranium glass
« on: March 01, 2011, 08:53:21 PM »
Hi my vase looks like it may be uranium glass,it is a very clear glass and a florescent glow to it and a rounded 3 sided design that tapers down to the base with indented lines going downwards it is 16cm high and 9cm at its widest and a smooth indentation to the base.I would like to know year and maker if anyone recognises it as i have yet to find another on the usual sites. Lynn

Offline Wayne

• Members
    • 20th Century Glass
Re: Green heavy vase,maybe uranium glass
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 09:25:46 PM »
Hi Lynn, it looks like it could possibly be Czech, by one of the Sklo Union factories, but it's hard to be sure as the pics are a bit blurry.  If you have a "macro" function on your camera (sometimes identified by a picture of a flower on the camera) that might help you to get clearer pics.

Anyway, the closest I could find in Marcus Newhall's Sklo Union book is a vase on page 77 by Rosice, but the shape looks a little different, and the height is shown as 205mm.

Offline Wayne

• Members
    • 20th Century Glass
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 09:30:08 PM »
Just found this thread, does it look like your vase:  http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php?topic=5507.0

Apparently it's the 160mm version of the vase I found in the book, also some similar shaped vases shown at the bottom of the thread.

Offline lmj

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 10:22:29 PM »
Thanks Wayne and well spotted...its a great help. Lynn

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 07:42:03 AM »
In that case it's probably not uranium glass.

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 06:31:54 PM »
I am sure that it is not uranium glass.
Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 06:51:13 AM »
The other thread says Vizner in the subject, but I remember very clearly that this particular design is by Vaclav Hanus (which Jindrich also indicated at the bottom of that thread, but apparently the subject was never changed).

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand