No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Can anyone idenyify the maker of this glass whale, Nason?  (Read 2232 times)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Can anyone idenyify the maker of this glass whale, Nason?
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 04:37:23 PM »
I've been reluctant to try to attribute the whale because the tail doesn't fit the V. Nason or Campanella ones I've seen. It also doesn't look like the Marcolin whales. The tail on this whale looks a lot nicer to me. I think we can say it is most likely not Licio Zanetti because it is not signed.

Does it only have the one dark color shade on back, or are there two layers? Maybe a gray, then a green? It is difficult to tell from the angle of the shot.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline maureene

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 05:53:14 PM »
 There's only one colour ,which fades to clear towards the tail  I, wish I had the knack of photographing glass .

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 06:27:26 PM »
Your photographs are fine. I just wondered if there was more that I couldn't see because the first picture looked a little greenish. Chances are is it's a V. Nason whale with a tail that is different than their usual ones. Their usual whales just have the simple V. Your whale has a tail that fans out and flips over a bit. I like this form of tail much more. Quite a few companies did the smoky glass, so I wouldn't want to say anything definite without finding a design that is like yours.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline maureene

• Members
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 02:28:20 AM »
Thank you for your reply , it seems to be either  Nason or viking glass  so I am getting close , I really appreciate all the help finding the maker of this piece ,Best wishes to everyone.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand