No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Value help 4 A. Seguso Pieces  (Read 5159 times)

Offline tam bam

• Members
Re: Value help 4 A. Seguso Pieces
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 10:16:57 PM »
Thanks for sharing the extra pics.  The signature appears to be the real thing to my eyes.  I would think the perfume bottle and at least one of the free form pieces is from his carnival series.  I found the perfume bottle in the link I provided you in one of the previous posts.  Look at book 15.  It shows it but yours is extra special because it is made for Tiffany which would make it more desirable and valuable.  I hope someone comes along soon to be able to give you some sort of estimated value for the free form designs.  Having all the paper work will also make the pieces more desirable to collectors.  You also mentioned having some pieces by his brother.  Are the pieces by Angelo Seguso?  If you have them could you post pics under a different thread for us to see.  You have me curious now.

tam bam

Offline brady

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 10:29:02 PM »
i agree these are from his carnival series. I'd seen the book you referenced, but nothing that truly resembles the free form pieces.

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 05:44:06 PM »
The signature definitely looks right, so I have no concern about them. This type signature was used on pieces that were considered artistic enough from the late 60s onward. I checked Live Auctioneers to see what kind of prices these type sculptures were going for. The closest one I found was http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/352900, but it is larger than yours. The various Seguso sculptures ranged $500-1000. Your sculptures are a bit smaller, so you might want to aim at the bottom of the range, particularly if you are in the US.

You can also check sites such as Rago Arts and Quittenbaum to see if they can give a better idea of the upper range of prices.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand