No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... Part 1...  (Read 198132 times)

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
This is a continuation - split-off of sorts of another thread where the topic of themed glass displays came up. I change every month on the front window sill, and kept a few pictures around of 2 of the previous ones.

The upper 2 pictures are for my november 2010 display, theme: Czech Pressed Glass.
The bottom 2 pictures are off my december 2010 display with the theme: Winter Colours

The current one for March 2011 "Oh No! That's not Murano" you can find here http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,39034.0.html

So, who likes to add a few pictures of his or her current exhibition?

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 05:09:53 PM »
Astrid, thank you for sharing your displays!  :kissy:

But some of your glass appears so dangerously close to the edge of the sill...  :thud:   The 'mother' in me wants to push some of your glass safely back.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 05:17:43 PM »
Thank you as well Astrid...they are lovely, and I like your little Leerdam Ellie perched on his black stand......I might do an 'Ellie' display. :sun:

Has anybody got a nice selection of Egg shapes they could do an Easter display with....?

Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 05:30:07 PM »
But some of your glass appears so dangerously close to the edge of the sill...  :thud:   The 'mother' in me wants to push some of your glass safely back.

Ah, but I have the luxury of no kids and no dogs, just two adults with little reason to stand close to the window all the time. I clean the window sill once I month when I change the display, so no danger there either. And the only time I push the glass back is when I have Rock Band game night, and some of my friends are trying out for drums. The drum pads are positioned relatively close to the window, so I have to take care they don't wave the drum sticks too enthusiastically in the vicinity of my glass :)

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 07:11:44 PM »
Drumsticks wildly waving near glass???  

Astrid, I think you really do want to make me faint.

P.S.  I've also got a 'themed' glass display...  it's called "Make it mingle so that the husband doesn't notice it's a newly acquired piece".   ;D

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 08:05:28 PM »
These are our Bohemian,Scottish and Maltese themes(a couple of pwt's not from north of the border)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 08:25:16 PM »
Ah-ha Keith - been meaning to catch up with you re. the big, big amber cased bottle you have at the back left of the Maltese stuff - it's NOT Mdina. It's Malta Decorative Glass - the very short-lived company set up shortly after Michal Harris left Malta, by the Maltese government, with Chinese financial backing. The staff consisted of Vicente Boffo and a load of brand-new apprentices. There is a distinct possibility, given it is such a large piece, that Boffo may have made it - probably working with one of the apprentices.  :sm:

One of my themes in my displays is to put glass mushrooms in the gaps between bits - gives it all a bit of an organic feel......
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 08:45:04 PM »
A semi related kind of thread: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,37324.0.html

My current table top, there is a theme as well as an odd one out. I have bought a couple of new bits recently and a mass reshuffle is looming to fit them in. :usd:

John

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 09:18:21 PM »
Eeek!  Some more precious glass dangerously close to the edge...  :-X

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 11:11:56 PM »
I've also got a 'themed' glass display...  it's called "Make it mingle so that the husband doesn't notice it's a newly acquired piece".   ;D
Ha!  >:D  Good to know I'm not the only one!  ;)  ;D
Leni

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand