No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... Part 1...  (Read 198120 times)

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine...
« Reply #160 on: March 12, 2011, 10:05:28 PM »
Hi Sue,
just been searching for your pieces by sam, saw them lurking in the third photo. In one of your earlier Mdina landscapes was that a large textured bottle in amethyst I can see at the back? :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline quill

• Members
« Reply #161 on: March 12, 2011, 10:15:42 PM »
but no, no NO - to loo seats down, pleeeeeeeese!

"Loo seats down" indicates that the previous occupant has left something very nasty there that they couldn't shift.

I get the heebie jeebies when I see a lid down, I start to feel queasy, it's often enough to make me decide to try to find somewhere else to go, but if I can't, the lid is lifted with extreme trepidation and control of my gagging reflex is already activated.....shudder.

Ditto that.  Plus, modern thought is that putting the lid down spreads germs.

bad Fung Shui to leave it up!!

I can't help thinking it would be rather worse Fung Shui if I didn't get to plunk down in time!    :X: :24:

Absolutely loving this thread!  Thanks, everyone!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #162 on: March 12, 2011, 10:19:21 PM »
Steph do you mean the lady on the left of the screen?, Its a lamp she has a large globe shade on her knees.
To be honest i dont know anything about her, she was going for an absolute song in an auction and i just loved her so bid and got her for just £5, and she has been mine for about 5 years now and ive never even turned her on (no plug) but she is beautiful, very deco and im more into art nouveau.
Or do you mean the metal card tray at the front? unfortunitly both are repro's i cant afford the originals
Or do you mean the tall glass purple lady? she is Paul critchley, diamond isle sculptured glass
michelle

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
« Reply #163 on: March 12, 2011, 10:40:57 PM »
I've got a thing about heads & bodies, in glass I hasten you add.  Yes, it was the purple lady that grabbed me - so to speak.   :wsh: got me all excited, I shall have to go and do some research, that names a new one on me. 
 :hat: I'll take my dunces hat off one day and learn to download pics so I can show some of my glass.   :girlcheer (girl cheer, eeek) well, heres one for Sue, she got me interested in seeing what TKMax has on offer from time to time...
Got a few lovely pieces. so thanks Sue.  Also it's Sue who's responsible for our loo brush sitting in a large dusky pinkish, swagged Czech vase...sorry no flowers Rosie.  :rah: night all. steph. 

ps Anne I think we'd better meet up for that coffee soon!!!

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #164 on: March 12, 2011, 10:50:50 PM »
Steph we collect his work, he is a really nice fella, i put some info on here recently about him. I also have an album of his work in my picasa
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,38981.0.html
https://picasaweb.google.com/112538457954992188877/PaulCritchleyDiamondIsleArtGlass#
In the GMB link there is another link to his site where he is actually making the lady in a different colour
You might also like this then steph, never have been able to work out who the artist is surname looks like beech?, it has been on GMB at some point
https://picasaweb.google.com/112538457954992188877/CurrentlyUnknown#5572078928843463122
https://picasaweb.google.com/112538457954992188877/CurrentlyUnknown#5572078955824557618

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #165 on: March 12, 2011, 11:33:13 PM »
I have to thank you for introducing me to Paul Critchley Glass Michelle,  I love his work, and John has said we will go over to the Isle of Wight to look at his studio....so I am saving up!!!

On one of your shelves you have an Alan Fox Fish from Western Australia....I think I might have bid for that with you....if I did, then sorry if I took you so high, if it is a different one, then I am so pleased you have one....I have a couple of his birds....you can see them here:
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-10621

Isn't this thread fun....so much glass so many variations of collections....and we still haven't seen JP's animals yet....do you think he has any??????????

There's a challenge JP!!!! :vkg:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #166 on: March 13, 2011, 01:16:35 AM »
Michelle;no idea where they are from,neither are marked,better pic' of the big 'un inc'....

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #167 on: March 13, 2011, 11:57:26 AM »
Yes, Greg - it's a big textured amethyst bottle - the big bottle to the left of it is even more exciting!

(Credit to Glassobsessed for the photographic skills  :thup: )

Keith, your half-open mushroom cap is just glorious! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Better pic of the Annette Meech mushroom here.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/chopin-liszt/Annettemush2.jpg
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong. H.L.Mencken

Offline Glas Vasen

• Members
    • Glas Vasen and more
« Reply #168 on: March 13, 2011, 04:54:49 PM »
Delightful Topic Astrid  :clap: well done, we see so many marvellous Glass Objects

Keith, glossobsessed, Anne, Obscurities, Rosieposie, Paul S., Leni, NKP, Ju1i3, keith, Chopin-liszt, Lustrousstone, meegs, robertrobert, flying free, and other presenting wonderfully Collections of Glass.

In Switzerland (Swiss) we got no any suitable Museum or Exhibitions of Glass, only the Glass Maker got a kind of History Museum of hem self.

Ave
Chopin-liszt
Thank you for ur hint with the flour, I’m still Clarify on Chris Lucas and Chris Rouse.

I feel flattered (I think is the right phrase) I’m still struggling with ur language, oh well Google gives me a bit help with the Spellings.

Scotland I well know, on ours Honeymoon we was in Scotland, Shetland, Orkney Island and many Villages and towns, only the Loch Ness we haven’t seen.  :thup:
two Month ago  “January”  I was in GB York  280 Miles far away from ur Home. :cheers:

Ave
jakgene
Thank you for your Image with the Signature, I did compare it with my one. It seems to me doses are still different, I might be wrong but I see also C. M but no Big Letter R. Perhaps he was in a rush for he’s Tea Time and made it fast so M+R closer on it. I stay tuned and will u let know.

http://glas-vasen.ch
Glass vases gallery Invite you.     P.S.  do not forget to use your scroll wheel

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #169 on: March 13, 2011, 05:13:59 PM »
Glasvasen, could it be Chris Lucas - CLucas?  Alum Bay glass?
Sue, what do you think?
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand