Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... Part 1...  (Read 37423 times)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Re: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine...
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2011, 05:14:01 PM »
They are lovely Robert, (especially the Wedgwood squirrel, I'm nuts about squirrels!). I like the use of the long window as a light source.....I can just hear Anik saying....'Don't slam the door!!'

I like textured glass as well, M, especially Scandinavian glass. Yours are very restrained and carefully placed....I wish I had that knack. :mrgreen:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Trebor

• Members
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2011, 05:15:48 PM »
Hi Astrid i was told by sue i think it was by Catthness 1970- it has blue and Burgundy strips . weight is ib 5.1Height 240,mm This is a better pic
IF IT AINT BROKEN, DONT FIX IT.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2011, 06:01:23 PM »
 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I see your new fishie, flying-free - and I see some lovely Benny's - and some fabby Bitossi..... ohhhh, I'm going to have to show you somethings..... sorry about the poor quality of pics - they were taken sort of as the camera was deciding it was going to refuse to operate in any mode other than micro-micro (flower+s setting)
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline meegs

• Members
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2011, 06:14:08 PM »
I love the diversity in everyone's collection, such a wide range of varying glass some of which I have never seen down under.
I'll be looking a lot harder now!
Cheers,
Meegs

Leni, I'll move the ballerina  :)

Offline Trebor

• Members
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2011, 06:15:53 PM »
Hi sue you have a amazing collection do you buy from the makers as well as the ebay and carboot`s I cannot imagine to many of that quality turning up at a carbooty at lest not the one`s i go to  :or:
IF IT AINT BROKEN, DONT FIX IT.

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2011, 06:17:32 PM »
its all gorgeous Sue you know i get a bit green eyed when i see your collection anyway... OMG what are those mushrooms??? i want them, they would be so at home with all my mushrooms dont you think they may be lonely in your collection
 >:D michelle

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2011, 06:21:31 PM »
Well what a load of show offs . :mrgreen: :angel: :mrgreen: :hi:

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2011, 06:25:41 PM »
we have showed your ours time for you to get yours out JP  ;)

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2011, 06:27:04 PM »
Hi Astrid i was told by sue i think it was by Catthness 1970- it has blue and Burgundy strips . weight is ib 5.1Height 240,mm This is a better pic

Very nice... don't have any Caithness myself - I just love these nicely structured thickwalled pieces from that time period. Thanks for the extra pic!

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2011, 06:56:08 PM »
The lampwork mushrooms are the work of the amazing Mr Ed Iglehart, Michelle.
He's still working - at all sorts of interesting things! I've got some oil lamps, some beautiful little long necked pot vases, and a couple of wall-fitted "Wizard cone" lamps.

http://home.btconnect.com/tipiglen/resume.html

Robert, I can't get to car boots - I go to some fairs - not as many as I used to - in fact, just one a year, if I'm lucky and Christine invites me to stay.
I used to buy a lot on ebay, but not any more, I scour the local charity shops and if i'm taken out for an afternoon, I look at other charity shops.
I go to galleries which sell Art Glass and I buy from contemporary makers. Or rather, I did when I could afford to collect.
I buy very little now. I had allocated some of an inheritance to put towards collecting, spent it quite rapidly, had tons of fun with it, accumulated a lot, then had to stop.
I was just lucky, really, having the means to collect when I did.
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Enter key words
Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com