No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... Part 1...  (Read 198144 times)

Offline Glas Vasen

• Members
    • Glas Vasen and more
Re: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine...
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2011, 07:00:12 PM »
Hello Chopin-liszt

You make my day??

I Know is not the right Treat at here, but as I saw ur Vases (first image ioshelfgmb.jpg) on the right side.

On yours Iiridescent (Irisiert) Cylinder Vase I have a few questions.

1. It’s yours Vase Signet?
2. Can you me some tell about this Vase = Manufacture, Designer, Age etc.

It would be gratefully, then I was long time searching  for more information.

P.S. Please have a look to the image, you see the Signature I have nothing found any about this, because I can’t really ID the Signature.

Best Regards Sergio

http://glas-vasen.ch
Glass vases gallery Invite you.     P.S.  do not forget to use your scroll wheel

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2011, 07:19:14 PM »
 :hi: Glas Vasen
That is an Isle of Wight Studio Glass vase, made and signed by Timothy Harris.
It is an "Undercliff Night" large cylinder, No. 21 of a limited edition of 75, but I think only around 25-ish were made in the end. It is dated 2009.
However, the design is still made in other shapes.  :thup:

http://www.isleofwightstudioglass.co.uk/acatalog/Undercliff_Collection.html

I do not recognise your piece, sorry, but I want to know what it is too - it's gorgeous! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Glas Vasen

• Members
    • Glas Vasen and more
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2011, 09:20:10 PM »
Ohh Chopin-liszt

Once I see your Image I was too hastiness :O(     so isn’t my Day.

Oh well still you saved my day. Your Link from Isle of wight, was a Interesting Presentation from the Undercliff Process, and for remember how much Knowledge and quality patience this taken (need)

:sun: Laugh at myself, if more I here write, gets my English better. I guess still my words up set down.

Sergio

http://glas-vasen.ch
Glass vases gallery Invite you.     P.S.  do not forget to use your scroll wheel

Offline Trebor

• Members
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2011, 10:08:51 PM »
Well sue if i can acquire the skill and taste in picking my pieces that you obversely have i will be a Happy man :sc: :or:
IF IT AINT BROKEN, DONT FIX IT.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2011, 11:27:13 PM »
Sue, trust me, the envy is all mine - your collection is truly beautiful  :mrgreen: As soon as I get a minute I'm going to closely examine all the pieces in your pics (and the others as well). 
Rosie, thanks :-[ I do like space around my glass so I can see each piece.  But I am also currently trying to focus on the pieces I want to keep, and sell the rest (my collecting has got ridiculous over the years and we can now hardly get into our spare room.)  I'm  being very strict on what I buy so if it doesn't fit, I don't buy it.   I love your birds.  I only have two, both tiny, one I gave to my son as a stocking present actually (blue bird of happiness).
 I've loved seeing everyones glass, it's heaven to look at all the pieces and think 'oooh that would be perfect'.  Kind of like having a glass fair right here ;D
My older teenage son has just had his room decorated to his choice (all white, sheepskin rug, stainless steel lighting etc) and has chosen two large red Aseda bubble bud vases for his shelves  ;D  I think he has a collecting bug as well  ::)
m

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2011, 01:05:09 PM »
Glas Vasen - I wonder if your piece might be by Chris Lucas?

To get a good picture of a signature, put a little bit of talcum powder or flour over it, then rub over with your finger.
The powder will stay in the engraving and make it easier to read. :thup:

flying free - if you are ever near Dundee, you would be most welome to visit - just give me a bit of advance warning!

:hi: The same invitation is extended to other gmb contributors. :hi:

I'm always delighted to talk glass with anybody who is interested... and quite often to those who aren't.... :pb:
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2011, 07:25:27 PM »
 :hi: For Michelle, a wee group of Ed Iglehart mushrooms, (taken with flash which really brings the colours out!). Are you still here, Michelle? - or are you lost somewhere in Ed's .... ummmm..... unusual website?
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2011, 07:30:48 PM »
they brought a tear to my eye they are amazing.... Thanks so much for popping the picture on, so i can gage the size how tall is the largest one?
I really really want one of them now

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2011, 07:46:15 PM »
That group goes from 2.5" to 8.5".
I did get another more complex one recently which is 9" - it's got a clear, sort of exploded open mushroom case bit at the bottom - the same (but individually different) as the taller one in the image on the page facing the Contents list of Hajdamach's 20th Century British Glass.

If you want one, just ask Ed. His normal mushrooms are not expensive, he's really friendly. When I first saw his Wizard cone lamp in the Scottish glass Society Exhibition 2000, IT WAS SOLD! :thud:
However, not deterred, I got Ed's telephone number from the Exhibition organisers and just called him up to ask him to make me a couple of them, which he duly did and sent them to me.
Michael and I have even been to visit him - which was great, and  although glass didn't really feature in the conversation, this meant M joined in a lot. Ed has many interests.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2011, 07:59:14 PM »
I've got one of his lamps as well.  He used to go to Art in Action every year.  He would set up his Yurt and hang his chandeliers from a huge tree.  He would give a demonstration of his glass working and talk to the crowd about the world from his point of view.  Lovely man!  I miss him now he doesn't come down any more  :-\ 
Leni

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand