Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... Part 1...  (Read 37550 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
Re: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine...
« Reply #170 on: March 13, 2011, 06:32:47 PM »
I'm not sure Chris Lucas is still with Alum Bay, I think he might be on his own or running another Studio now.
I think Glas Vasen's piece is looking more and more like both his work and the marks are looking more as if they might read C.Lucas.
I know somebody who has a beautiful bowl by him - which had a disaster when it had been sitting in direct sunshine - the iridescent stuff on both sides of the glass reflected heat backwards and forwards inside the glass and it exploded.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I'll get him to have a look at this thread. :thup:
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #171 on: March 13, 2011, 06:57:51 PM »
Hi Sue,
thanks for the pics, the amethyst club looks very interesting and unusal. Do you have any more info on that piece?
Thanks greg

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
« Reply #172 on: March 13, 2011, 07:40:06 PM »
It's a very, very scarce piece, made by Michael Harris, Greg.
It's utterly fabulous, one of my very best pieces - and it's really, really cuddly - you can hold it in your arms like a baby - but it's better behaved. :sun:
Ron Wheeler recently found and sold a signed one.

(he using an image of it as his collector's club membership card - see here:-

http://www.artiusglass.co.uk/id32.html

Peter Elliot had one which he sold perhaps a couple of years ago - it was at the same Fair as Ron sold his first signed Crizzle Stone. Over the years I have been told of two others - one slightly smaller but signed, and there's mine. So only 5 are known. And two of those are hearsay!

It's from very early on at Mdina - it's in "plain" amethyst glass, with no silver salts included.
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #173 on: March 13, 2011, 07:58:38 PM »
Thanks sue, it's a stunning piece, when I first saw it I thought there can't have been many of those produced! I would certainly cradle it if it was mine.

I've got another piece that's not mdina but should be right up your street. I'll email you a few pics if you like as in high res.

Greg 

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2011, 10:22:41 AM »
I found them just a few mioments ago Greg - thank-you so much :-*
...... I think  :spls: I am now suffering from unrequited lust....... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Cheers, Sue (M)

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Seattle WA U.S.A.
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2011, 02:24:10 PM »
An updated and improved version of the coffee table group with the new modernist piece placed appropriately.....
Also playing with the new camera......   :-)

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2011, 02:39:10 PM »
That's a lovely grouping Craig......so bright and cheerful. :thup:

Here are my Isle of Wight group...with some Caithness friends and a huge rock of Rose Quartz!!
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2011, 03:16:40 PM »
Rosie the group of IOW are beautiful  :sun:  I was going to say I particularly love the hedgehogs but are they anteaters :-[ sorry but I wasn't sure - whatever I really like them  :sun:
Craig, your coffee table display is stunning!  Love the new vase.  I have this large dolphin edited to read 'fish' after Rosie's post below, of course it is a fish :thud:  ;D (11" long), that has the most amazing uranium glow even in daylight.  I guess it could be the same maker perhaps?

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #178 on: March 14, 2011, 03:55:30 PM »
Thank you m   :-* they are hedgehogs, not anteaters.......here are some more of them, a blue, a white, a green and two black ones....small & Large, and I just have to get the red one for the full house!!

Love your fish....I haven't got any fish..........yet!!! :wsh:

Keith,  where have I seen that mushroom before?????
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
« Reply #179 on: March 14, 2011, 04:32:58 PM »
 ;D
Rosieposie... what a gorgeous collection of Minimals and Maximals - getting all those together is no mean feat! >:D did you know that Isle of Wight have produced a new range of Azurene Minimals?
http://www.isleofwightstudioglass.co.uk/acatalog/Minimals.html
 :wsh:
Craig, I want your table lighter... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cheers, Sue (M)

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand