No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... Part 1...  (Read 198164 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Re: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine...
« Reply #230 on: March 16, 2011, 11:37:48 PM »
I was thinking of you the other day Rosie, i found a pink langham swan, and i thought i bet Rosie would like that but i thought £10 was a bit over priced... are you now going to shout at me  :ooh:
michelle

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #231 on: March 17, 2011, 02:28:38 AM »
M,  The hot pink bathroom is fabulous!!!!  I love the more is more philosophy!!  In glass and in color!!!
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #232 on: March 17, 2011, 07:56:54 AM »
Ooops!  Just one more I forgot!  ::) These aren't mine, their my DH's - yes, I've converted him to collecting glass, too (as in, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!"  :24: )  It's in the kitchen, appropriately enough, as it's a collection of Anne Arlidge's 'Lost vegetable' glass castings!  ;D 
Leni

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #233 on: March 17, 2011, 08:29:16 AM »
thanks for your comments on our bathroom  :sun:  I love it too, couldn't stay in it too long or live with that colour in a living area, but as a bathroom it works brilliantly (been like that for 13 years so not going to change any time soon). Leni I absolutely love those pieces and the technique of her work!
m

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #234 on: March 17, 2011, 10:43:33 AM »
Michelle,  don't fret over the Langham swan, unless it is ever the large white 'cob' style one (they only made a few of those) I am not so keen on the 'flouncy' type they make. But thank you for thinking of me. :kissy:
m, the ducks are Leerdam, and are part of my collection....I have several of these, the ducklings and ellies, and also the sausage dogs.  I am still looking for an affordable deer, owl and fish.....even though I don't 'do' fish!
I love your veggies m, so much more interesting than the coloured pieces you often see. And of course the kitchen is the perfect place for them to be displayed.
Today I have to clear the kitchen windowsills of all glass because we are having new blinds fitted and they wont leave room for glass displays now! :cry: :cry: They will have to be squashed into the cupboard with the Leerdam ducks! :thud:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #235 on: March 17, 2011, 11:01:57 AM »
Yes, Greg, the amethyst club has been spotted and counted.
I've been considering asking a moderator to amend my posting to take this into account. There are now 6 known, (2 hearsay) 4 signed (one of the hearsay ones included in that). I think the information would be better in the original posting, because it could get misquoted if folk don't read this far on...... :fwr: pretty please, dear moderators, when you have time?
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
« Reply #236 on: March 17, 2011, 07:49:51 PM »
 :thup: at last I've got a free moment.

The big blue/purple/metal vase on the window ledge  is by Renate Korinek. I believe she's Austrian.

The Blowzone piece is nine layers of opaque glass with some of the facets cut through to the inner colour.  It took four goes before Kevin Barry at The Glasshouse in Dudley was brave enough to finish it, the three other engravers not willing to continue. At least that's what he told me.

:ooh: Incidently I'm watching 'the' bottle on ebay with interest....you'r so lucky to own one  :mrgreen: cheers steph.

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #237 on: March 17, 2011, 11:17:57 PM »
Well I finally got going and here are some photos of my "real" display cabinet - the others are too full to get a useful photo of.  This one is about to become a "Holmegaard" cabinet because I try to change it every few months.  After that Kosta Boda or Orrefors - haven't decided yet.

Photo #1 - On top of the cabinet - Vases mainly - 2 Scandinavian, 2 NZ, 1 Australian, 1 Scottish, 1 unknown, 1 pottery.  Three paperweights - 2NZ & my Studio Ahus "Fire".

Photo #2 - Top Shelf - Mainly Pwts - from all over.  the blue vases are from USA.  The latticino is the firts bit I ever bought.  10/11 countries represented.

Photo #3 - Middle Shelf - Australian Art Glass - Only one I am not certain about id the small wavy irridescent vase

Photo #4 - Bottom Shelf - Australian Art Glass

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
« Reply #238 on: March 17, 2011, 11:24:43 PM »
 :hi: Hi Ross, another great display - I'm amazed at how many times I've yelled to my husband, oooooooh I want a bit like that! This time I'm craving the yellow and green vase in the first pic.   :-[  Thanks so much for posting these. cheers steph.

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #239 on: March 17, 2011, 11:27:16 PM »
While I am at it I photographed my decanters (the ones I use from time to time)

2 Orrefors, a Julio Santos (Australian art Glass), Webb & Cobbett & ANot6her English  - Richardson I think.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand