No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Licio Zanetti  (Read 4879 times)

Offline pl79

• Members
Licio Zanetti
« on: March 05, 2011, 11:37:24 PM »
I have found a piece signed by Licio Zanetti, it is a blue bird and was done for an English company called Royal Kendal in the 1970s. Does anyone know when or why he was crearting these pieces? I am going back to the shop tomorrow, another bird to add to my collection. I'll post a photo once I have bought it.

Offline pl79

• Members
Re: Licio Zanetti
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 07:17:23 PM »
HI there, I did buy it and have at last done the photos. The colour is pale blue but becomes purple in some lights and sometimes looks a bit of both!  :rah:  It is 16in high (40cm). I'm really happy with it as I have a thing about glass birds.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 07:51:45 PM »
Sounds like it's neodymium glass, which should be purple in daylight and blue in fluorescent light. http://www.mindspring.com/~reyne/neowhatsis.html

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 07:51:54 PM »
That is Neodynum glass - cross posting! :thup:
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline pl79

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 08:02:44 PM »
Thank you to you both cross posters, I have heard of neodymium glass but did not know what it was. Now I do and I have a piece, how exciting. :hiclp:

Offline pl79

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 08:08:26 PM »
I have just looked at the article you put the link for and in photo 5 there is a bull by Zanetti just like my new bird. Thanks again :thup:

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 08:48:06 PM »
Hi Pl79,

Your bird is lovely.  One question though, is the beak broken off or is that just the way the bird is made?  Also it is not uncommon for Murano Maestros to do work for other companies outside of Murano especially for design companies (e.g. interior design). 

tam bam

Offline pl79

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 08:22:07 PM »
Hi Tambam, no his beak is all there, just on the small side! Glad you like him.

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 09:20:49 PM »
I like it as well pl79,  I am very very partial to glass birds, and just adore neodymium glass. This glass is sometimes called alexandrite glass, so if you like it, it is worth remembering that when you are searching for more pieces.  What a good find.....lucky you. :sun:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline pl79

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 07:23:26 PM »
Thank you RosiePosie, the change of colour is magical and I will look out for more now I know what I'm looking for. I've also sent off for a black uv light to see if any of my pieces show any interesting effects.  I will also get round to putting some of my other birds up for others to see. I have particularly beautiful if ugly Seguso parrot that looks really sad as if it has psytichosis! :huh:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand