No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: LOTS of Verlys glass for sale & also art deco boudoir sets & centrepieces etc.  (Read 7679 times)

Offline John Smith

• Members
    • glass
    • England
erm... I have approximately 2000+ items (been collecting for 45+ years!) and so cannot be too specific here! Mainly French, German & British. May i ask that if any of you are interested that you enquire by name of manufacturer. I will not be placing ANY on ebay (though my feedback there can be observed-colinglassology). I only sell privately now. I will send my private eMail address to any interested party. Thanks-all. :thup:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
I might be interested in some of your Verlys items, you can contact me via the button on the left. Specifically I'm looking for a Verlys vase with two handles depicting birds - I don't recall the pattern no., but it's a very distinctive design, similar in style to Jobling's 2-handled rose vase or Lalique's Caudebec pattern, etc.

Also, does the collection include any Jobling items? I'm still looking for a jade or opalique example of the 2-handled rose vase.

Thanks,
Steven

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline John Smith

• Members
    • glass
    • England
Hi Steven and thank you for your interest. Have been admiring your collection (on Flicker) for many moons and have purchased from you in the past.  I am hopeless with computers and so have not been able to contact you "via your button," however to put you out of misery, I cannot help with the Birds vase. MOST of my Verlys items are chargers, coupes, bowls, ashtrays.  A few Etling items also and some Sabino and many R Lalique vases and English Victorian Vaseline/Opalescent vases by Thomas Webb & Stevens & Williams c1900. The only Verlys vase which may be of interest and I might part is a opalescent "Fish" vase No. 349 (very nice!) it is catalogued as a vase, but is rather like an elongated bowl, with fish-tail handles. Dunno if you know it? Also a a complete set of four "Duck" dishes in opalescent. Quite scarce and desirable. Cannot help you either with the Jobling, I only have bog-standard items which you most probably already have!  May i ask that you instruct me how to contact you through Flicker or whatever, with step-by-step info, for i truly am quite dumb with this Laptop!  I may wish to purchase from you and/or may empty a few boxes here which might just come-up trumps!  I lose track sometimes of just what I have stashed, away from my display cabinets :spls:  Thanks again

Offline Mike M

• Members
    • http://www.manddmoir.com
Hi

I'd be interested in any Rene Lalique and some other French oddities Ferjac, Cesari, Model, -don't suppose theres any older french Legras etc? -if you look at my profile -click on my name - the profile shows my website details and email

cheers

Mike

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
I might be interested in anything in vaseline or uranium, but not dressing table sets. My email is the little envelope on the left or you can contact me through my gallery (link in signature).

Offline John Smith

• Members
    • glass
    • England
... am truly sorry and I appologise for any misshaps or confusion on my part, however I WILL NOT SELL "TO ANY" DEALER. Only private collectors & individuals please. Overseas are welcome also. Sorry again, but that is my choice and decision. Thank you.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Anything I would be interested in would be for my personal collection of uranium glass.

Offline John Smith

• Members
    • glass
    • England
Lusterousstone. Have sent you details via your gallery. I will try to take pics for The Board to view. Display shots of all in their cabinets etc. I just ask for patience as am hopeless at such things and exceptionally busy most days!  :spls:

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Thank you. Waiting is not an issue; my wallet went to the antiques fair at Aintree last weekend and lost a bit of weight!

Offline John Smith

• Members
    • glass
    • England
.... I KNOW THE FEELING, ONLY TOO WELL EVER SINCE GLASS BECAME A COMMODITY, WORTH MORE THAN IT'S WEIGHT IN GOLD!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand