No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: English nappy/pin tray with two Rd. Nos.  (Read 890 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
English nappy/pin tray with two Rd. Nos.
« on: March 08, 2011, 03:16:50 PM »
Not very exciting, until I noticed that it carries two Registration Nos. - and from memory don't believe I have ever seen two Nos on a single piece before.   Sowerby, as you can see, and for the short sighted amongst us the Nos. are..............42947 (first registered 10/02/1886 - for the 'Pattern of the Dish')  -  and 44659 (first registered 11/03/1886 - for the 'Shape of the Dish').    Are two Nos. more common than I had thought - perhaps I simply hadn't been seeing them.    Looking at the lack of wear etc. etc., I have a gut feeling that this example was pressed some time after 1886.      What do people think  -  grateful for any shared opions, and thanks for looking. :)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: English nappy/pin tray with two Rd. Nos.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 06:33:04 PM »
Nice find Paul. :) I've seen pieces with two or three numbers on before - e.g. baskets where there's a number for the shape, one for the pattern, and the last for the handle style. But mainly you see one number rather than multiples.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand