No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: czech glass Identification  (Read 10201 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: czech glass Identification
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2012, 06:06:52 PM »
Chris, that site has been defunct for well over a year, I believe.
Quite unfortunate.

For pressed glass ID, you can take a look at the Sklo Union Sales site: http://sklo-union-glass.com/
and of course, at Jindrich's site (under 'lisovane sklo'): http://www.cs-sklo.cz/

Anik

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2012, 06:26:41 PM »
Thanks Anik, I found a really nice piece today and was just having a look round to see if I could find it.

Chris

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 04:58:54 PM »
I feel a bit embarrassed when I look at how the thread started. I was oblivious to the one item one post rule at the time. Saying that I am still no further with an ID to my egg shaped paperweights. I have two, one in neodymium on in a kind of green/blue. I had the chance of one in clear glass but wasn't quick enough. Ah well ... I have much come to the conclusion 'buy what you really like'. OK I buy stuff cheaply that I know is worth more, but that is only occasionally (saying that I have had a good run recently). It's nice to get an ID but like with these paperweights I will always treasure what looks good for its own sake. I have a bowl that I posted and most people thought wasn't that good. But I love it, it gives me a tingle when I pass it. However for research sakes it is great to pin stuff down, it opens up whole new areas.

BTW the Crystalex vase was at my folks house and my Mum gave it to charity LOL easy come easy go as they say.

Adam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand