No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Webb Cut Crystal Vase  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Catisfaction

• Members
Webb Cut Crystal Vase
« on: March 14, 2011, 11:34:29 PM »
This vase is signed Webb on the stem using an acid etched mark. I've been trying to find some information via the interwebz but I'm finding little to no info about Webb glass that is a cut rock crystal like this.
Now I know there was Thomas Webb back in the day and then later Webb Corbett... I am pretty sure this is the Webb  mark I've seen associated with Thomas Webb and I know it's not the same as the Webb Corbett mark I have on some stems over there *points* so I'm thinking this is a Thomas Webb piece, I don't really know much about Webb however and have never seen a piece like this so... can anyone help me out with ANY info from date (I'm thinking approx 20's/30's is likely from what I've read so far) to pattern name or anything else that I might like to know about this gorgeous vase. It is 8 1/4" tall and 4" in diameter.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. It's always appreciated.

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Webb Cut Crystal Vase
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 12:30:21 AM »
Mod: This topic was created out of a mixed original. The two responses here were made in the original before the new thread was created and cannot easily be merged as separate replies. So quoted detail is used.

Keith replied:
According to my little book the Webb mark is for the period 1902-36,the other piece maybe Ingrid glass but not sure on that, ;D

Catisfaction responded:
Thanks for the dates :) What book did you find that in? I'm gradually trying to increase my books on British and European Glass.
Will look into the Ingrid idea. Never heard of them.
KevinH

Offline Ming

• Members
Re: Webb Cut Crystal Vase
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 02:26:31 AM »
If you just want to know about glass marks for co such as Stuart, Thomas Webb or Webb Corbett etc.
Here is a good website ; www.Great-Glass.co.uk   ( look under  glass notes then manufacturer's labels & marks.)
Never walk away from a bargain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand