No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Frantisek Peceny "Wood Grain" rectangular vase 20157 Hermanova  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
 :hi:   Maybe I'm showing off just a bit...  I came home from the antiques market with a Frantisek Peceny stylized 'wood grain' 23cm vase for my Czech collection.  I must say, it's a very nice and heavy piece.  The grain effect is quite deep and sharp which makes it interesting/pleasant to touch.

Someone in Kraków is feeling pretty peppy.  ;D

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
Re: Frantisek Peceny "Wood Grain" rectangular vase 20157 Hermanova
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 11:08:38 AM »
Tsss... you already had a woodgrain vase! Leave a few for me to find (though in Poland there is no way I can get my eager little hands on them, I guess) :)

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline jomo99

• Members
    • Croydon, England.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 11:38:53 AM »
 They really are fantastic Vases!! I have had two quite recently, got one left but I'm pretty sure that'll go next week ;)

Warmest Wishes,

John
The Blindingly Obvious is Never Always Apparent!!

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 03:02:26 PM »
Oh Astrid, today of all days would have been a great time for you to be in Kraków!!!  When I went to the market this morning, I thought I had reached Czech glass heaven...  Whereas last week I came home with absolutely nothing but depressive feelings, today, if I had had more money, I would have come home with more pieces than I could carry. 

I saw some Skrdlovice bowls and ashtrays, some ZBS vases, some items from the Mstisov Rhapsody range, two Jiri Zejmon vases, a Vaclav Hanus 516 ashtray (bigger than my brain had imagined)...  I only bought the Peceny bark vase (for 40 PLN) and the Kubinec vase (for 10 PLN).

My big regret, however, is not buying the Machovska "Romana' vase I saw...  it was exactly the same as the one in Hi Sklo p.53.  It was in perfect condition and the seller wanted 40 PLN for it. I didn't buy it because I decided it was too colourful... 

:hb1:  I know, I'm an idiot.

Offline astrid

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 04:08:42 PM »
Anik, I would probably have bought a lot if I were in Krakow. And if I would find so many cheap and lovely vases on a  regular basis, I'd be very tempted to become a parttime glass dealer besides being a collector :). Since many Polish people work in the Netherlands, I would expect many of them would ask relatives in Poland to hunt out the good stuff and then take it back to the Netherlands or Germany to sell it on Ebay.de or Marktplaats with normal shipping costs. Should be profitable...

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline astrid

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 04:12:19 PM »
The Romana is very striking, but it has a good flowing shape, so therefore enough dignity despite the bright colours. But it depends on what you like, I guess. It's not a bad thing to restrict yourself in your collecting to pieces that will go well together... My own Romana is sadly damaged severely. Not enough to disturb me when I have it out, but enough so I can never sell it to anyone else with a clear conscience :( Good thing I like it, then....

Astrid

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 05:17:10 AM »
To be honest, I wasn't that taken with the Romana vase and wouldn't want it for my collection.  I just wish I had more of a business head on my shoulders -- maybe my life would be a little less complicated and happier if I could earn some extra money selling glass rather than 'performing' for my students over 50 hours a week, spending another 10 on preparing lessons, and then an additional 3 for 'consultation' hours.
:ho:  

Then again, I've got no history on ebay.  Who would buy glass from someone with no feedback and in Poland?  

Oh dear, when did I become such a complainer?   :-[    

Back to my wood-grain vase...  a wonderful addition to my collection, isn't it?   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand