No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help needed ID heavy multi-coloured vase, Adam Jablonski? Polish? Czech?  (Read 3249 times)

Offline Alfies Dad

• Members
    • uk
Hi, Another ID request if possible, I bought this one yesterday from a boot sale the seller told me this was Czech but I'm not so sure after looking around the net, I'm unable to find anything like it with a Czech attribution but I have found a similar looking piece attributed to Adam Jablonski Poland which had a full signature, my piece does have a scribed mark on the flat polished base which means nothing to me, measure's 27.5 cm high. Thanks in advance.

Rob.

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Hello Rob,
Though your vase does look Jabłoński-ish in style, the signature/initials at the bottom are not what I recognize as Jabłoński.  I hope someone will be able to help you out further.

:hi:

Offline Alfies Dad

• Members
    • uk
Hi Anik, :hi: many thanks for confirming this not to be a piece of Jablonski, I think I possibly paid over the odds for this piece, I've since found a bowl on ebay in the same style and colour as the vase with the same base mark initials and also with a polish lead crystal label, the bowl is a buy it now and alot less than what i paid for the vase   :thud: or well you win some you lose some and most importantly I've gained a little more knowledge for it..........so not all bad.

Thanks again.

Rob.

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Rob, maybe it's not all bad as it seems... give me some time, and I'll see what I can find about FIC or F/C or whatever else might be signed at the bottom of your vase.
 :hug:

Offline Alfies Dad

• Members
    • uk
Hi Anik,

Thanks, just a thought maybe the letters read flc...... which could just mean full lead crystal? there is no other marks or signature's other than what is shown in the photo. Hope I'm wrong, If you can find anymore info that would be great  :hi:

Rob.

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Hi Rob,
I doubt the mark at the bottom would mean Full Lead Crystal... I've been looking for an artist or glassworks, but no joy so far.  The closest thing I've found (to the bowl you mentioned earlier) is produced by Huta Rogi (see the 'vases' section):  http://www.hutarogi.com.pl/produkty_en.php

But it's not an exact match.  :-\

The search continues...  Unfortunately, I think you'll have to satisfy yourself with a general 'Polish' attribution for the time being.

Offline Alfies Dad

• Members
    • uk
Hi Anik,  :hi: Thanks for taking the time to help its appreciated as always  :thup: Even if i never get an attribution then thats ok, I bought this piece as i like it and will enjoy owning... so having a factory name would just be an added bonus, I like it for what it is, not for who made it...  I dont think there is any age to it, so maybe one day in the future these piece's will surface more frequently and a name may come to light  :X:

Thanks again.

Rob.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand